Of Historical Significance!

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Ahhh yes....good ole days when everything was much simpler. None of this computer stuff on vehicles. I aint as old as most of the people on here but I love hearing the stories my dad tells about all the cars he had and how cheap everything was. Amazing how he bought his 57 Ford Fairlane retractable hardtop for $115 bucks! Still has it and worth alot. How he bought his 69 Boss 429 for trading in a 63 galaxie and $1000 bucks. Back then those were just old cars and gas guzzlers. Now they are worth a fortune! I found some old pics of his first new vehicle he bought. 77 F250 4x4 Hi boy which he special ordered and which I still drive. 194,000 miles with original clutch and some of the ujoints. Dont make them like that anymore.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here it is new and already haulin wood

You must be registered for see images attach

Here it is the way I always remembered it, plowing.

There are just some things you cant get rid of and I would never get rid of that truck. It means way too much to me. Yea shes rusty but it still runs good. I can finally semi-retire her since I bought a diesel but it will still haul my firewood. I would love to restore it one of these days. Its an old friend and deserves it and doesnt owe us anything. I love lookin at old photos!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Hey Mel, I stopped at my brothers garage and what did I see?? A set of hub caps headed for the scrap heap. One rear and two 4x4 fronts are near perfect, the black is faded. Let me know if you want all or any of them. Free of charge.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Hey Mel, I stopped at my brothers garage and what did I see?? A set of hub caps headed for the scrap heap. One rear and two 4x4 fronts are near perfect, the black is faded. Let me know if you want all or any of them. Free of charge.

If Mel doesn't want them, I could put them to good use...