NOS wiring harness?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I have narrowed down my limp mode problems to the engine wiring harness. It came from a parts truck BigRigTech and I scrapped. The plug on the harness where it connects to the harness on the driver side fender is SHOT. It's corroded and not worth while trying to fix.

I know this is the problem as my limp mode started RIGHT after I changed the harness. The scanner says FIPL (tps) voltage out of range, when I know it is set right and has no flat spots in it. I even changed it out for another FIPL that was known to be good.

Does Ford still stock and sell an IDI wiring harness? If not, does another place build/sell them?

I have another complete harness on my spare engine, but I have not looked at it closely to confirm it's usable and not in the same shape as my current harness.

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the one plug I didnt check. Maybe thats my problem too. I keep getting the same code. I have two of those harnesses around here somewhere.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I have narrowed down my limp mode problems to the engine wiring harness. It came from a parts truck BigRigTech and I scrapped. The plug on the harness where it connects to the harness on the driver side fender is SHOT. It's corroded and not worth while trying to fix.

I know this is the problem as my limp mode started RIGHT after I changed the harness. The scanner says FIPL (tps) voltage out of range, when I know it is set right and has no flat spots in it. I even changed it out for another FIPL that was known to be good.

Does Ford still stock and sell an IDI wiring harness? If not, does another place build/sell them?

I have another complete harness on my spare engine, but I have not looked at it closely to confirm it's usable and not in the same shape as my current harness.

That's going to be a tough one to find. Check with your local dealer. See if they can search for it. Somebody might have one on the shelf someplace. Long shot but worth a try.

If you don't mind playing with wires. Build a new harness for it.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
That's going to be a tough one to find. Check with your local dealer. See if they can search for it. Somebody might have one on the shelf someplace. Long shot but worth a try.

If you don't mind playing with wires. Build a new harness for it.

I am fairly efficient at wiring, but I don't know what to do about the melted and corroded plug. I MIGHT be able to get lucky enough to find a plug off another vehicle and chop the wires back about a foot from the plug on each side...then make it work with an IDI.

I had a lot of hope that someone out there still made them lol.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E4DOA harnesses are stand-alone units from the rest of the chassis harness. Irregardless, I am killing a OBS IDI F-superduty in a few weeks. The cost is what I have to pay my mechanic on his hourly pay to surgical out a complete harness or the segment for the E4DOA it. check out my ad in the marketplace.;Sweet

hayisforhorses

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey goofy if you want it I can have it shipped to a place in maine and pick it up and mail it here for ya as a alternative to shipping it through customs

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Just tell me how many pins are in the plug and I will get you a male and female weather pack connector from work to suit...LOL

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Just tell me how many pins are in the plug and I will get you a male and female weather pack connector from work to suit...LOL

12 pins. BUT, The GP system was modified and the 2 big yellow power wires are not active anymore.

I CAN'T WAIT to get this problem solved. My FIPL is acting up, my temperature gauge isn't working right, and sometimes my oil pressure goes nuts. I am 100% sure this is the problem.