NOOOOO!!!

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got the heads off.. I was really needing it to be just a head gasket. I don't have the cash for new pistons,rings,rods... and I NEED this truck running.

I know it isn't a good thing to do.. but does anyone have any used pistons I could buy? :dunno

I'm assuming the ether from the PO caused the cracks.. but I have no idea what caused the missing chunks.

You must be registered for see images attach

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have to talk to cetane, but we could probabaly piece ya together a 6.9 block....

Have 2, one we have yet to tear apart, and one that swallowed a valve, one of the pistons has some marring, runnable, but still.

We keep waffling between assembling one out of the two and running it in his 6.9, selling, it or elsewise, and now that I just scored a NH6.6, I think he will end up with my good 6.9 if he decides to keep his IDI an IDI...

83651 would be the ship from addy.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK, let me make some calls, like I said, we are partnered on the whole shooting match, hell I could deliver it, for fuel RT.... ID to OR is not so far...

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be GREAT!

The pistons are toast, correct? I'm not seeing things...?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude, call me, heh, simple way, 208.724.7305.
Xian name is Kevin

I won't be able to make any calls until Monday. The puppy decided to eat my blackberry, and we don't have a land line. :rolleyes:

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 year old downloaded an app for the wifes 'berry awhile back.. We call it Uboat Captain.

It is an easy download too... take 'berry, drop in tub. Fully submerge, play with, hand back to Mom, and tell her of its adventures,.

Amazingly it still works. Perfectly.

$500 = Delivery for the heads off one, and the best short block, new head gaskets tested and fired.

$350 for the heads from the turbo truck, and the best short block, not assembled or checked.

That work for ya?

+ delivery either situation. What city in Orygunn?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta love kids. :D

I'm in Ruch, which is right out side of Medford. The prices sound good! I just have to see what I can scrape together. I'll let you know later tonight.

Thanks.

-Dallas

4 year old downloaded an app for the wifes 'berry awhile back.. We call it Uboat Captain.

It is an easy download too... take 'berry, drop in tub. Fully submerge, play with, hand back to Mom, and tell her of its adventures,.

Amazingly it still works. Perfectly.

$500 = Delivery for the heads off one, and the best short block, new head gaskets tested and fired.

$350 for the heads from the turbo truck, and the best short block, not assembled or checked.

That work for ya?

+ delivery either situation. What city in Orygunn?

cetanefreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good hell, hard to get farther away and still be in Oregon!

as far as the engine, I was going to put it together for mine, but as I still haven't received the title for mine and therefore have no registration, I really can't justify doing much to it, better to send the engine off to someone that can use it.

and as Kevin said, I don't know that I'm even going to keep my IDI as an IDI, it could very well find itself a detroit, cummins, perkins, DT360 etc etc

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hay Suess. !

484 one way... at $3 a gallon, and 15 mpg, that is what, $200 +- in fuel?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus snacks! ;Sweet

Any chance you would take an ATS turbo kit as part trade? I really wanted to run it, but I would rather have a running N/A engine than a turbo engine with a bad bottom end.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that.. we have an ATS turbo that needs rebuilt... Hows the turbo?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supposedly the truck didn't smoke or anything before the head gasket went, but I will go check.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any chance you can run air through, whilst using an electric pump to cycle oil through it as well? That was how we discovered we had seal issues.

And if you wanted disassembled parts, I could run those in the tempo, save me a little on fuel, and get it to ya quicker, at this point the centurion has a thirsty 460 in it, but that could change in a hard day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online