Night Moose needs an oil pan

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Yea, Kinda ******* the pan, and loud noises (heard from in the house) are never a good combo. Thanks for checking!

+1 on that.

Try having a caster wheel break on the front of the engine hoist whilst a 7.3 is hanging 4 feet in the air. I believe it measured a 6.5 on the richter scale when it hit the ground.:eek:
Good thing was the motor was cavitated so it was going to the scrap yard anyhow.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
About a year and a half ago, my then 10 year old and I had to move a 7.3 off a trailer and around the truck into the shop, and only setup I had sturdy enough was to move it hooked to the cherry picker with it braced on a movers dolly.
Was working great until we went to turn around the front of the truck and one of the cherry pickers leg wheels started to go off the concrete , combine that with the typical 10 year old response time to the word STOP and that wheel was off in the mud with the other leg of the cherry picker about 2 1/2 feet in the air and the engine swinging precariously off to one side :eek:
What followed was about a 2 hour lesson in the use of levers and fulcrums. Not fun.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like there will be one at "the cone" tomorrow, so I'll see how that one looks, and maybe I won't need one after that. Thanks for the help so far.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Mel,
I picked up the spare engine. The oil pan is toast. You are still welcome to it, but I doubt that it is of any value. I thought I remembered putting a hole through it with the right side exhaust manifold during my little "ooops" event a few years ago. I called and asked someone to check it out at the place where I had it stored, and they said it was OK. Well, its not.
Let me know if you want it anyway.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. I already got one with a hole in it. Guess I'll go fish.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that ebay one is looking pretty good. My cost for new from Ford (yes, still available) is over $200.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online