Night Moose needs an oil pan

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, last night we fixed the "oops". unfortunately, the oil pan did not survive. Probabably just as well, considering the rust on the outside of it. Does anybody have one available?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea. The damage wasn't extensive, but it ruptured the pan, and dented the front pulley.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dayum! The weight of the engine cause the front of the truck to lift off? How did that happen, the engine is like what, 1k lbs, the rest of the truck should be heavier than that and thus be able to balance it...

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
I think the front half of the frame was cut off, leaving enough for a trailer and hitch assembly to be welded up to the front.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As we had confessed in the original post, our plan was well conceived but ill executed. We had 2 jack stands under the bumper to prevent just such an occurance. But in our zeal to secure the would be trailer vertically, we missed the horizontal assurance. Failing to chock the wheels allowed it to somehow (and that still defies explanation, as the driveway is level) roll forward off of the jacks stands. -cuss

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aaah, that makes sense now - I just didn't see the original post, that's why I was wondering *** happened there...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726