Night Moose @ Home

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
do as i do, get to know your inspection mechanic, any work that's "iffy" by the Inspection-****'s was done "after it was inspected". :rotflmao new exhaust dumping IN FRONT of the rear tires on a scout? hey they were at the bumper when it was in here! haha just gotta know ways around it... :angel:

-Jon

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!! Congrats again Matthias!! ;Sweet Does yours have the granny first gear? Mine did anyway...essentially it was a 3 speed. I too loved the 300-6! I could not kill that motor!! And boy did I try!!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
we had a 300 I-6 in a woods beater in a '86 f-150, it knocked, ticked and lost power when warm, but it kept running and running. we couldn't start it without either! haha we even loaded the box flush with concrete for a firepit in the woods, broke all but the main leafs! :rotflmao still used it alot (boy did it flex!) we ran used oil in it b/c of a bad leak, there was lumpy crap in the oil but it didn't care. cookoo we had to get rid of it b/c we got a FI 318 dodge wich makes camping trips alot quicker w/out having to warm up to get going!

-Jon

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
You mean the scout never goes back into the woods hauling camping equipment?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...you are not supposed to swap an engine in that is older than the chassis...

Well, if true, then putting an 84 into an 87 wasn't a problem last time. I'm going to guess that they leave that up to the inspection station to enforce. Thankfully, I have one of those. This time, I hope to have all the paperwork I need up front, a lesson learned from the last one.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Master, one little subtle touch would be to paint the inside of the grill semi gloss black(Krylon rattle can) it will make the chrome "pop" a little. Just one of those little things to do while waiting for the swap.

Eggscellent idear!

Attachments

• grillbefore.JPG
    grillbefore.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 4
  • grill3.JPG
    grill3.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 5
  • grill5.JPG
    grill5.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 7
  • grill7.JPG
    grill7.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 3
  • grill 6.JPG
    grill 6.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 5
  • grill4.JPG
    grill4.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 5

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
You mean the scout never goes back into the woods hauling camping equipment?

not my orange baby! :puke: this is the ONLY vehicle i own with a GOOD paintjob....the first month i had it a "mystery" scratch appeared on the fender of it while it was at a friends garage, i felt soo queasy i had to lay down... LOL i've got other scouts for woods beating, the paths we take to our camp are a bit too tight for the terra. i don't mind an occosianal dirt road run or trip down the pole lines, i only ran it a week with the new BFG AT's and they were tossing some nasty rocks, need some fancy mudflaps when she gets goin again! :rolleyes:

-Jon

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea, thats the one bad thing about BFG AT's is that they throw the most rock out of any tires we've had on our trucks.