Night Moose @ Home

MasterM00SE

Son of Mel
Reaction score
After running around in it (still learning the stick), removing the side steps/running boards (kinda rusted through some of the pipe work), the thermostat and the bug deflector on the hood, then giving it a good bath with the pressure washer and some good-ol-fashion elbow-grease

here were the results:

Attachments

• NightMoose-.JPG
    NightMoose-.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 20
  • NightMoose--.JPG
    NightMoose--.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 14
  • NightMooseSide.JPG
    NightMooseSide.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 25
  • UndertheHood.JPG
    UndertheHood.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Night Moose Bed.JPG
    Night Moose Bed.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 13
  • NightMoose1.JPG
    NightMoose1.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 14
  • A Boy & His Truck.JPG
    A Boy & His Truck.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 50

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
Ok if you have problems with taking off with the clutch... Just rev the motor up to about 3500 with that straight six, and just move your foot off the clutch(side step it) and push the gas all the way down. You wont kill the motor. hehehe

Nice truck though bud. Just for a hint of advice, remove the air silencer, put a set of plugs wires on it. And Does PA have emmissions laws, and care about cataltiic coverters, if so dont take it off, if they dont, take it off. I got 21 mpg out of one of these trucks with a 5 speed in it and 3.55s in the rear.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, speaking of emissions, how you guys gonna go 'round that? I know some counties in PA can be a major pain when it comes to emissions, are y'all lucky enough to not live in one of those?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes we have emissions, but they don't apply to diesels. We won't be doing any work to this motor. It runs on gas AND water. LOL. It runs just long enough to be a good educational platform.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
thats mostly the answer i got to emissions. anything diesel is exempt, trouble you might run into is you are not supposed to swap an engine in that is older than the chassis. i am not sure if the emission exemption would void this or not. the lwas that i read over at one point never really adressed this. they did have a few on swapping a gesser in where a diesel was.....:rolleyes: :D

in the real world if it looks good you should be fine. no one around me that i know if would even bother thinking of looking at casting numbers to check that sort of thing.

looks like a nice rid, want a rear slider window?:D

gsgIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Congratulations on the truck, remember be careful lots of crazy drivers out on the road. Lots of police as well, be safe cool starter truck. gsgIDI

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
looks like she needs some roll on bed liner treatment... you want her looking her best when you get the oil burner dropped in...

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Master, one little subtle touch would be to paint the inside of the grill semi gloss black(Krylon rattle can) it will make the chrome "pop" a little. Just one of those little things to do while waiting for the swap.

MasterM00SE

Son of Mel
Reaction score
Thanks, good idea to paint the inside of the grill, as for the bedliner, that will come in time. As it is I'm already spending money that I dont have :D .

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
thats mostly the answer i got to emissions. anything diesel is exempt, trouble you might run into is you are not supposed to swap an engine in that is older than the chassis. i am not sure if the emission exemption would void this or not. the lwas that i read over at one point never really adressed this. they did have a few on swapping a gesser in where a diesel was.....:rolleyes: :D

in the real world if it looks good you should be fine. no one around me that i know if would even bother thinking of looking at casting numbers to check that sort of thing.

looks like a nice rid, want a rear slider window?:D

If you remember Mel has already been there with The PA DMV and swaping out a gas for a diesel!:puke:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online