Newbie with an oddball project...Farm Rod.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Dsl Dog Catcher has several trucks in various shades of blue. I like that shade of blue on that project truck, reminds me of my old Galaxie.

Danoflapper

Reaction score
Nicely done! Can't wait to see this progress!

I definitely agree with the blue thing. Right now there are 2 Blue F350s in the driveway.

I do like the shade of turqouise that your cab is/was. I'm working off a '53 Dodge Truck cab/box on a Ford van frame powered by a Chevy 305 and it's about that same turqouise-ish color.

Oh and it'd be really cool if you got the doors lettered up with a buisiness name or something.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
LOL! Not gonna be blue! I have already bought the paint. A gallon of Hugger Orange, a gallon of bright white and a gallon of hot rod black.

This truck is painted the way IH originally did two-tones and was a bit of an inspiration for my color choice:
You must be registered for see images attach

I was going to do two-tone orange and white...then I saw a u-haul truck...I SURE DON"T want it to look like an old u-haul, so now I am thinking Hugger Orange with Black running boards and maybe a white stripe???

Anybody need a gallon of white? LOL.

Last edited:

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Hope you left your self enough room for the turbo pack up on the rear of the engine. Will you have enough room to remove it without lifting the cab?

Its hard to see it now, but the entire fiewall/floor will unbolt for access the turbo. I have never pulled one off, so I hope it is enough.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
LOL! Not gonna be blue! I have already bought the paint. A gallon of Hugger Orange, a gallon of bright white and a gallon of hot rod black.

This truck is painted the way IH originally did two-tones and was a bit of an inspiration for my color choice:
You must be registered for see images attach

I was going to do two-tone orange and white...then I saw a u-haul truck...I SURE DON"T want it to look like an old u-haul, so now I am thinking Hugger Orange with Black running boards and maybe a white stripe???

Anybody need a gallon of white? LOL.

I will take that gallon of white, if you are offering. Should I PM you?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm working off a '53 Dodge Truck cab/box on a Ford van frame powered by a Chevy 305
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I just read that passage to my mom (who is NOT mechanically inclined), and her response was "You're gonna need a LOT of antibiotics for that transplant to take!" Certainly an interesting project; hopefully the truck gods don't smite your rig LOL ;Sweet

Back to the subject at hand....beautiful Cornbinder!! What are you planning to do for a bed? Are you going with a flatbed, or do you have a truck bed for it? I don't recall seeing anything in the pictures. Can't wait to see the finished project!! ;Sweet

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I just read that passage to my mom (who is NOT mechanically inclined), and her response was "You're gonna need a LOT of antibiotics for that transplant to take!" Certainly an interesting project; hopefully the truck gods don't smite your rig LOL ;Sweet

Back to the subject at hand....beautiful Cornbinder!! What are you planning to do for a bed? Are you going with a flatbed, or do you have a truck bed for it? I don't recall seeing anything in the pictures. Can't wait to see the finished project!! ;Sweet

You must be registered for see images

I want to re-use this original flat bed. New wood and some paint... should compliment the truck. I may set it back 2 feet from the cab and put a utility box in the space in front of the bed... still working that out. Either way I have to cut the extension that the motorhome company added to the frame off.

I spent most of the day spinning my wheels looking for a new sandblaster hose. Nobody has the right size... except Evco; they wanted $6.50 a foot with a 25 foot minimum!!-cuss:backoff Thats more than I paid for whole blaster!!!!-cuss-cuss-cuss I really wanted to get something done this weekend, so I am frustrated beyond usual.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
That's going to be an awesome ride! The wiring should be fairly easy, since you'll be starting with the Ford harness. Mine wasn't as easy trying to combine the Ford and Chevy pieces. Keep us updates as you make progress.

cornbinder 84

Goat Rancher
Reaction score
On my sandblaster I have in the shop, I used hydraulic hose when my original hose let lose. Just went to the local NAPA and had one made up with the correct ends. I don't remember how much it was, but I don't think it was that expensive. It's been on there about five years now and I've sandblasted two complete cars with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online