New to me 96 powerstroke

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Yes, 160 cc I believe. Been awhile since I looked at any. When I do mine I'm skipping straight to hybrids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Awsome.i was lookin on riffraff an they had injectors for like 1200 that were stage ones. But anyway that's gonna be down the road cause the more I reserch the more im think it's not a injector.i don't know if I mentioned it but when you rev it up or switch tunes and rev it up and then switch agian it like just falls on its face and gets back up.itll drop to like 4-500 somethin like that then pick up to Normal.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Alright I'll try and buy the torque pro soon.i don't think I'll be able to afford the other one. Just a thought could the chip cause this even on stock?

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
No joke lol.the smoke and hesitantion is gone with the new cps but it still has a slight knock.i know something's off but I'll get it figured out soon.hell at idle you can park both my powerstokes next to each other and only hear this one running.the other one is quiet but it does have injector probs till it warms up and it has 450k miles.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok.... I'll preface this with I am more familiar with the IDI and the 6.0, but..... That knock doesn't sound right to me...... I hear the normal 7.3 sound, but that loud hammering knock bothers me.......

Maybe its normal...... but it sounds off to me........

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Ok.... I'll preface this with I am more familiar with the IDI and the 6.0, but..... That knock doesn't sound right to me...... I hear the normal 7.3 sound, but that loud hammering knock bothers me.......

Maybe its normal...... but it sounds off to me........

It bothers me to my 450k mile one doesn't have that knock dad thanks it's a lifter or piston slappin somethin but idk I wish I had a injector cut out so I didn't have to remove the vc to find out but I think it's comin from the farthers back piston on the drivers side which is number 8 correct?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and thats the oddball injector in these sets.
check the numbers on the injectors and make sure its the correct one.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
ok it's not gonna hurt to start it with out the valve conversation correct? I went ahead an pulled it off i doin it bymyself so I just wanna make sure

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Yeah, that's fine. May just make a mess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I figured it would lol.i was supposed to take it to the mechanics shop and they were gonna help me but they couldn't today so I just tore it apart myself I mean it wasn't that hard.puttin it back together probley is gone be a diffrent story though