New to me 96 powerstroke

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
How hard is it to covert to the new style and did the truck sound weird in the second vid.and the first one was on the 140 tune.ive got a few other things to do to it so upgrading problwy won't happen for awhile.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that delete pedestal is worth every f'n penny when it comes to installing the up pipes lol

I installed the diode in the 97/89 PSD im working on.
guess I waisted his money, just CMA.

yea I swapped to the early 99 turbo & 99-03 bellowed uppies on that F350, ended up having to make a custom intake. shoulda innercooled it.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
For now im gonna just do the delete i think.ive still gotta but a bed fenders rubber floor instead of carpet.then start upgrading.first buy gettin the chip reburnt with custom tunes.i would really like to do like a d66 turbo or somethin but I'll probley have to run bigger injectors.so for now im just gonna run the boost fooler and the ebpv delete.once I get all that done I may do the 99+ turbo idk lol.ill figure that out when the time comes. I think it's throwing the map sensor code because there's no boost fooler.now to figure out why it sometime misses and the knock it has.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
A boost fooler is money wasted also. I doubt the ts is making it throw a over boost code. That's another super duty Era thing.
True on the delete pedestal making up pipes easier. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
My only thing is it just don't seem like it's gettin the fuel it needs.youd think with a chip an stock turbo she would smoke a lot more.i could be wrong but I've known other people with just stock ts chips and it smoked a lot more.in just wondering.sorry I've gotta lot of quiestion a that are probley stuiped lol.i know some about the engines but not a lot.i know some about idi's now because if y'all.so I hope to learn about these also

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't just go throwing parts at it,
find out exactly whats wrong first.
remember our fuel pressure into the cylinders is directly related to the oil pressure as well.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
don't just go throwing parts at it,
find out exactly whats wrong first.
remember our fuel pressure into the cylinders is directly related to the oil pressure as well.

Ya I plan on figureing it out im taking it to the mechanic tommrow an he is gonna help me

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The obs trucks usually won't smoke a whole lot.
The map and ebp sensor are most likely directed related to that though. They do slightly affect the fueling.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Ok thank ya.i went ahead an orderd a cps cause when the mechanic hooked his scanner up an hit test it tryed to die.may not be related may be his scanner but he told me to go ahead an get one from ford an replace it.so I've got one on the way it'll be here Thursday so we shall see

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
What you can do is try unplugging the icp sensor.
Ford only cps is kinda bullarky these days. Many have great luck with the one from advanced auto.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
My only thing is it just don't seem like it's gettin the fuel it needs.youd think with a chip an stock turbo she would smoke a lot more.i could be wrong but I've known other people with just stock ts chips and it smoked a lot more.in just wondering.sorry I've gotta lot of quiestion a that are probley stuiped lol.i know some about the engines but not a lot.i know some about idi's now because if y'all.so I hope to learn about these also

A bad MAP sensor will affect engine performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online