New to me 95 F350

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I like the sounds of the "Stiction Eliminator" If they guys writing the testimonials are real people, it sounds like it helps out with the HEUI Injectors. Has anyone tried it?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I have. Lol Basically it was designed for HEUI injectors. there's a guy on YouTube (FordTechMackuloco) that does a lot of repair videos. He used to be a dealer tech, but has now moved onto his own. Anyways, even he pushes the use of it before someone replacing injectors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Looks like the napa at
150 Industrial Rd. 2
Invermere*BC*V0A1K5

Phone:*250-342-4400

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Nice find!!! Invermere is a days drive from here and will pick some up next time im out that way, they don't ship for some reason, I asked. And Hotshots doesn't seem to ship to Canada. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to look that up!
Now when I add it, should I suck out the oil from the HPOP and dump some Stiction Eliminator in there? I read this somewhere online. Also, I often here of guys doing this for regular oil changes to. Is this even worth it?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You could do it that way. I would just put it in the crankcase.

For the hpop reservoir, I don't know. I guess you could dump it in there. Far as the "hpop oil change," the oil comes from the oil pan. So it's always cycling through.
While I have done it once before I knew better, it did seem like the oil was a little dirtier/ thicker than the oil from the pan.
You must be registered for see images attach

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Nice find!!! Invermere is a days drive from here and will pick some up next time im out that way, they don't ship for some reason, I asked. And Hotshots doesn't seem to ship to Canada. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to look that up!
Now when I add it, should I suck out the oil from the HPOP and dump some Stiction Eliminator in there? I read this somewhere online. Also, I often here of guys doing this for regular oil changes to. Is this even worth it?

Don't bother with the HPOP. Just pour it into the crank case.
The additive will circulate through the high pressure system very quickly.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score

Finally have a picture of it. Its a tow rig obviously, that's why I was keen to jump at it with some new stuff, keeping it reliable. But its running good so far. Im am going to toss some high pressure oil hoses and a Motorcraft CPS at it. But will be leaving things alone for now.

What are some common glow plug issues and their symptoms? Its starting fine, but I just want to prepare myself. Only Motorcraft glow plugs?

And I just ordered an Autoenginuity scanner yesterday.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yes on the glowplugs.
I found mine cheapest at orielly. Was about $80 or so. Of course with mil discount.
Next would be the relay itself. Even though I haven't done it myself, I always push the stancor upgrade.
Then there's the uvch. Motorcraft only. On these I recommend going to the SD style. One plug on each side instead of two.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Note taken!!!
Now that I have driven it a bunch, im noticing that when its cold, not plugged in; it starts ok and runs reasonably smooth but it has much less power then it does once warmed up. Plugging it in helps a bunch, otherwise it seems to need to warm up for at least 10 min before it has decent power. Usually I give things about 5 mins and drive accordingly until its warmed up. My Autoenginuity scanner has not come in yet, so can't scan it just yet

Another thing is, the previous owner installed an electric lift pump on the frame rail, ahead of the factory pump in the valley. He did this when it was acting up once, UVCH was the culprit but he didn't know at the time. He didn't bypass the factory pump. No good, I know. So im debating which I should run, electric (Duralift or something good) or a new factory mechanical pump.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You'll need better than a duralift.
You need roughly 70 psi.
I can point you to a setup that uses the SD electric fuel pump. So if/when it goes, you can walk into a parts store to get a replacement. Also gets rid of the filter in the valley.
About $700 for pump, filters, fittings, filter bases, lines, regulator, etc.

The sluggish starting could be the oil. These things hate cheap oil. (Rotella included)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online