New thread, old problem.. O/D light

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Now that I have the solenoid pack installed and working in my E4OD, I'd like to figure out why the O/D light isn't working. I did check the column wires and they look like new. No blown fuses either. The O/D button itself does work, there's just no light. I would like to try changing the bulb itself, but have no idea how to get to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gary

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You need to remove the dash where the lite sits. Then just replace the cube the lite is in.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Gees... I had no idea you had a 93 truck with the lite in the shifter handle. Sorry but I have no idea how to get at it. Others will chime in with information shortly. My 89 has the lite in the lower right dash panel below the main instrument panel.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Gary the end of the shifter knob comes off. More than likely the little prongs that hold it on will break off. I think you can get replacement knob ends at Ford.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary the end of the shifter knob comes off. More than likely the little prongs that hold it on will break off. I think you can get replacement knob ends at Ford.
the motormite/doorman/help rack has the kit. hand onto your shorts though.....

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Started the truck for work today and the O/D light blinked, for the first time since I've had the truck. It wasn't a sequential blink, but more like a bad ground blink. I'll be checking the PCM for codes tomorrow, as well as trying to find a bad/loose connection somewhere. I'll probably have to tear the whole dash out, since I have no idea where those tiny wires are routed...

Gary