Brake light stuck on?

12pilgrim

Reaction score
Friends,

Why would my drivers side brake light be stuck on when I turn on running lights/headlights but brake light works fine without them on?
Bad ground? I unscrewed and sanded the screw to what looks like a ground from the taillights..

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bet: Your bulb is "upside down".
Remove it, rotate it 180* and reinstall it.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bet: Your bulb is "upside down".
Remove it, rotate it 180* and reinstall it.
I'm skeptical, and ill tell you why: this is @12pilgrim we're dealing with and he's no stranger to brake light bulbs. There's no way he pulled it out, cleaned it, and reinstalled it wrong. I got too much faith in this "Pilgrims Progress".

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHA! 1157 bulb upside down!!! Wow. An easy and embarrassing fix. Thanks guys and sure hope I'm not kicked out of the cool truck club now.

I'm glad that you got it squared away.
I was embarrassed too... still have a cool truck or two.
Definitely not out of the cool club. Glad you got it fixed and it wasn't a dramatic problem. And you know you had to fight it in there to make it upside down!

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 1157 Bulb, the 2 locating pins on it are off set, to go into the Socket. Don`t see how it could go any other way.

Goat

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I bought pedestal trailer lights with 1157s for towing my bug/better turn signals, and the two wires are soldered wrong on both lights vs how they're supposed to be based on the colors and wiring indicated on the packages.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Don't use lights or brake lights!!
The Fix: Get one of those flashlites or headlites that strap on your head..... those kind that I despise immensely that go thru about 3-4 cycles..... bright, dim, dimmer, then start flashing red,...... Anyway when you get ready to stop turn head backwards, turn flashlite on, push button till flashing red, keep pointing head backwards.......... LOL

Will these instructions get me kicked out of the Cool Truck Forum? Or maybe I'll go stand in the corner for an hour or so.

No seriously, U get things fixed? And like @Cubey said & @Jesus Freak & others up there said, something turned round, floppy bulb filament, cross touching wires., something.

BTW, what rear bulbs these rigs use? I don't remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online