new glow plugs

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
The new glow plugs that Oriely had were of the motor craft brnd and had the Beru Germany printed on the plugs........

But the other printing was all the same(Beru Germany...44V....0100 271 101) expect the last bit....6 of the 8 has a 44v printed on them, the other 2 have 38V and 33V printed on them.....***?

The other difference is the numbers on the package, one looks like a born on date, which is different and maybe a batch #which is also different.

I have a crappy Ohm meter that gives the Ohm reading of 3.0-3.3 Ohms for all of these plugs, the disturbing thing is that the meter reads 3.1-3.2Ohms with the bare leads touching.

Should I install these?

LCjeff

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for it. Most meters you need to subtract the resistance shown with the leads touching (well, all of hem, except some compensate and show zero). Your plugs are not reading open, really high (more than 5 ohms), or much different than each other; so they're good. And they say beru.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
hook one of the 44v ones up to a gp lead, get a good ground on the engine, and cycle them, see if it gets red hot quick or barely starts to get warm

I'm assuming you're asking if they are incorrect voltage?

I wouldn't have looked past "Beru Germany" myself, woulda grabbed them and swapped em in