Need plastic fuel tubing

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
Anybody know where to buy the black plastic tube in bulk that Ford uses for fuel lines to the tanks? I need to extend the rear tank lines and repair the return line at the engine. I've found fittings with no problem. Maybe somebody parting one out will sell them to me?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's what I do for chassis stretch jobs. I take rubber feul hose of the appropriate dia, slip it over the cut part of the plastic line and put a clamp on it. simple. done. been doing it for years and haven't had any issues whatsoever.

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
OK, I used the special barbs and rubber fuel hose. Somewhere along the line I got the impression that the rubber fuel hose was bad on a diesel. cookoo
So nothing special about it huh?

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
troutwest66 said:
There are some hoses that won't hold up with diesel. Just be sure whatever you use is diesel rated.

OK, I did some digging on this. From what I found SAE 30R7 is what to use and is even good for biofuels.(and that's what I used) SAE 30R6 is only good for gasoline.

Corrections and clarifications welcomed.

stiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats good info about the hose ;Sweet . i wonder what kind of look i'll get at the auto store when i ask for SAE 30R7. cookoo

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The plastic dot rated air brake tubing is ok for fuel use, gas or diesel. Did all the research several years ago to have less material on hand for our truck shop. Compression fittings are available or put the end in some very hot water and push it on a barb fitting when it cools it is there. I have used it on bosch gas CIS injection systems and they run at 85 psi. ;Sweet
Have fun. BTW the quality of parts store fuel hose seems to be going to heck. Get yours from a hydraulic shop, buy big rolls, share with friends :Sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online