need a good throttle cable

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody know where to get one under the $99.99 that lmc truck wants? mine is fubared and sticks sometimes..... :eek:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sticks which way? Usually, on acceleration. This is caused by the sleeve degrading around the cable at the pump end. You can remedy this usually by just trimming off the sleeve.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Just bought one from Titus Will, with expedited shipping it was $62.00, less if you aren't in a big hurry. I don't deal with my local stealership anymore! It was a ford cable (they are a ford dealer) and it's on and working great! I think it was $47.95 plus shipping and as I said, I paid for two day which was an extra $5.

www.fordparts.com will get you there. I bought all my spring hangers from them as well as the large firewall kit, it was $238 from my local stealership and $109 from them!

subliminal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought one from Titus Will, with expedited shipping it was $62.00, less if you aren't in a big hurry. I don't deal with my local stealership anymore! It was a ford cable (they are a ford dealer) and it's on and working great! I think it was $47.95 plus shipping and as I said, I paid for two day which was an extra $5.

www.fordparts.com will get you there. I bought all my spring hangers from them as well as the large firewall kit, it was $238 from my local stealership and $109 from them!

awesome man thx ;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry guys, my bad. Titus-Will used to run the fordparts.com site, but they changed their web addy. Up until now, you could still go to fordparts.com and it had a link to their new site. The new site is www.TitusWillFordparts.com and they still list the cable for $46.92 plus $9.95 shipping.

Guess I will have to update my list cause as I said, I buy ALL my ford new parts from them. If you ever need help, ask for Ken. He went out and measured spring mounts for me to get the right set front and rear when I put the 85 cab and chassis axles under my truck (the cab and chassis had 2 1/2 inch by 11 spring spring packs with overloads). The local stealership couldn't get the right thing and Ken was willing to go look. I don't have any affiliation, just wanted to pass on good service and keep them in business.

The thread I started is here.