Need a front shock mount for my '91 4WD

Greg Pettit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am needing the shock mount that bolts to the frame and attaches the top of the front shock to the truck for my '91 4wd F350.

Anyone know where I can find one? The local salvage yards don't have anything old enough to work.

Thanks,

Greg

supervert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ford stealership normaly has them, there about 15 bucks each. alot of the yota guys i know use them.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve,

I don't know if they are the same or not. Anyone know for sure?

Greg

They were different between my '86 F250 and the '91 donor F350 I used to do the Dana 60 swap. The F350 has an "eye" or "hoop" at both ends of the shock. The F250 has an "eye" on the bottom and a threaded bolt at the top mount. They will enterchange on the frame with no modification, but the shock will need to have the correct top for which ever mount you use.

Heath

Last edited:

Greg Pettit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, it helps me out big time.

I had no idea Ford would still be stocking that part, so never thought to check at the dealership.

Since I already have shocks for the F350, it looks like I'll be needing to order the correct F350 mount from Ford.

Thanks again,

Greg

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at an F350 today and noticed that is uses the same shock mount as the 87 up F250s. The shock mounts on my 86 are different.