My Fummins Project

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
This is my 1989 Ford F250 that is getting a 1990 Cummins 12v. There are a few pics of many but im at work right now so i only have these ones off my phone :) I will post many more when i get home. So far i had the motor all torn down to seal everything up. all painted ready to go. I have the adapter plate already to bolt it to my zf5 tranny. I have the 460 motor mounts ready to go.

You must be registered for see images attach

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoo pretty,

Is there any modification needed to make the 460 motor mounts work? How much did the adapter plate set ya back?

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i was able to find a steal. a guy was pulling his cummins out of his 89 ford250 so he sold me the already made motor mounts, adapter plate, and starter all shipped to my house for 400$ the motor mounts i have are used with a custom made plate that bolts to the frame itself. it looks exactly like the one that comes with the ford motor mounts but with 2 more holes in a more forward position.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty fortunate. You lucked out on some of the expensive parts. How much did ya get the motor for?

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Few more updates. I set the motor in the other day and realized the turbo hit the air box. I found out i had to turn the manifold and flip the turbo over. Its an easy thing to do but the turbo center was frozen in the exhaust housing. With some heat i was able to get it free so i could spin the center to line up the oil drain and oil feed line. Once i got the turbo apart i had one hell of a time getting the seal on shaft to compress and go back in its hole. I really hope it seals so we will see when i get it back together.

I also wanted to move both batteries to 1 side. It was actually really easy to do. I just mounted them on the left side and took the tray from the right and modified it from there. That way it uses the same hold downs and everything.

As you can see i have sprayed the entire inside of my truck with the spray in liner out of a can..this stuff is really cool..it add a little texture to everything makes it look amazing.

I went ahead and beat the back of the firewall in so i could clear the back valve cover as well.

And here is the manifold flipped over. It really brought in the turbo quiet a bit

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
did you have to move the tranny back any? is that all it takes to get it set in there is the motor mounts and adapter plate? i know you gotta do some wiring but just to get the motor mounted up what all did it take? thanks!

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
update..

motor is in and bolted down.

flywheel machined and dodge pressure plate all bolted up. new ford throw out bearing

tranny is in and bolted up

exhaust downpipe is all made and done. straight 3" pipe to 4" to the stacks

becuse i dont have money at the moment and this was my dailey driver i made a custom intake..when i find a good deal on an intercooler i will intercool it.

the radiator support is back in it.

custom power steering line is done. used the dodge end and ford line

i took and cut the bracket the bolted to the ford intake for the throttle cable. i welded it to the dodge throttle cable holder...works perfect.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
yeah i had to beat it back. ill get a pic of it..you cant even tell. it actually looks like it was soposed to be that way.

Mudbillyrednec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get your coolant hoses done yet....I have the exact same set up , would love to know if there is a part # for the perfect hoses :sly

Also...about turning your exh manifold upside down...or right side up for the ford swap.....it appears that the drainback line still works...any mod's there ??

Your build looks very nice......;Sweet

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get your coolant hoses done yet....I have the exact same set up , would love to know if there is a part # for the perfect hoses :sly

Also...about turning your exh manifold upside down...or right side up for the ford swap.....it appears that the drainback line still works...any mod's there ??

Your build looks very nice......;Sweet

A guy on another site is doing one too, he used the stock 1st gen Dodge crossflow radiator and hoses. Said it looks like it was meant to be there.
Travis..

Jarlaxle

Bregan D'aerthe
Reaction score
My 79 Fummins has a stock-replacement radiator and flex hoses...hmm...Dodge radiator. *slaps forehead* DUH! Why didn't I think of that?!