My friend's 1974 1310 Turbo IDI build!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I let off to kill the hop. Blue truck is my biddies. It was a duallly I sold him the tires off mine. And he made bit single wheel. Then the orange trucks are mine and jons. The guy that's building the dt466 travellete
We've never heard of this Jon guy around here, he must be a newbie :D LOL Tell him to move his mirror down a few inches on the door, oh and in case he hasn't notice his door somehow turned black, which I assume is from the rubber being flung by the front tire during 4x4 burnouts on pavement :sly LOL

OK, so if the blue truck got your 16.5s and the military tires, then what does your own truck run now? I see you got the aftermarket steelies on in that picture, are you keeping those or switching to something else again with bigger tires? Cool thing with the pump timing, wonder what the EGTs will be now since you have all that power available and hopefully won't have to feed her as much fuel... Still running the Bull Moose, right? Also, darn good job at the pulls!!!

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I really Appreciate all the feedback. The trucks been running awesome. Mel and I were shooting emails almost daily. I wish I could shrink to the size of an atom and go in his head just to learn more. He has probably forgotten more than I'll know. The egts still climb but I'm not intercooled. I can control them at this point BC I drive it everyday I really don't even look at the pyro. I was chugging up some nasty hills last night and I was scared at first but in third hear maybe half throttle I was able to keep it at or under 1000. This is a che by 1 ton ext. Cab 4wd. And the trailer weighs about 3500. Good load Ide say. My biggest problem was a bit of the tail wagging the dog as they say.
You must be registered for see images

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've never heard of this Jon guy around here, he must be a newbie :D LOL Tell him to move his mirror down a few inches on the door, oh and in case he hasn't notice his door somehow turned black, which I assume is from the rubber being flung by the front tire during 4x4 burnouts on pavement :sly LOL

OK, so if the blue truck got your 16.5s and the military tires, then what does your own truck run now? I see you got the aftermarket steelies on in that picture, are you keeping those or switching to something else again with bigger tires? Cool thing with the pump timing, wonder what the EGTs will be now since you have all that power available and hopefully won't have to feed her as much fuel... Still running the Bull Moose, right? Also, darn good job at the pulls!!!

I'm running those short street tires. That way I dont destroy anything at the pulls. I'm looking into radials as soon as j get paid for the military tires

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that the truck is dialed in i get 16-18mpg and I have power to spare. I was nervous for a while there but i never lost faith in the old girl. All my expectations have been met or exceeded. Its an all around great truck just as i intended it to be. Its a crazy feeling turning a pile of parts into a reliable daily driver.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out with the old in with the new. I sold my scout and took this D on partial trade. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet but the wheels are spinning in my head

You must be registered for see images

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BrandonBerkosky said:
Out with the old in with the new. I sold my scout and took this D on partial trade. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet but the wheels are spinning in my head
Put a Fummins in it! LOL Or a supercharged fuel-injected 454! :sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online