My first post *giggle*

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

X2 LOL John, your light saber has low batteries.... bad!

Nick, hopefully I'll see you today, and you can show me how to change a clearance light bulb. All I want is to get a hold of the lighting circuit. The wires on this thing have some kind of chastity belt on them. :confused: LOL

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Nick, hopefully I'll see you today, and you can show me how to change a clearance light bulb. All I want is to get a hold of the lighting circuit. The wires on this thing have some kind of chastity belt on them.

SOooooo Anikin... looking to the Emperor for guidance????:rotflmao :rotflmao

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
EH?:confused: :dunno ....why is Mel posting here :rotflmao

Seriously Mel, give the IC a thorough cleaning , preferably with a non-flash type cleaner such as Purple Power and rinse thoroughly as well....get some new boots while you at it too....there is NOTHING as un-nerving and shorts staining LOL as the sound of an IC boot blowing off under full boost :eek:

The CCV mod is right up any BOOB mans alley....one of the short list of things we have in common ;Sweet ...just be sure and get a couple new seal rings for the CC vent before you attempt to turn it around..... VC removal is not required :thumbsup: they have a tendency to swell and become non re- useable when removed....about $4 from the FORK stealer.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody got a pic of how they did their CCV mod? Nick says I got to take the battery and tray out to get good access to a clearance light. cookoo Think I'll go work on the Moose Truck and get my sanity back. LOL

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
mel
no picts, but all ya do is turn the vent housing on the vc around. get all 4 new o rings from ford, do not substitute anything else , they will leak.
then the hose snakes down the backside of the motor, then along the frame rail. makiing shure there are no dips in the line as moisture can accumulate and freeze, the the blowby come out the dipstick tube(dont ask how I know).
run the tube thew whole way to the rear axle.another upgrade at the same time is to replace the plastic piece that ther CCV routes to with a piece of 4' pipe.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody got a pic of how they did their CCV mod? Nick says I got to take the battery and tray out to get good access to a clearance light. cookoo Think I'll go work on the Moose Truck and get my sanity back. LOL

Don't need to take the battery and tray out to get at the front marker lights. Your '02 "X" is the same as my 2000 "F" Just a different colored lens.
  • Remove 2 screws located between the bottom of the lens and the bumper (magnetic screwdriver helps here, especially putting them back in)
  • Slide the marker light assembly forward NOTE: the lens under the headlight and on the corner of the fender are one piece. There are 3 pins on the back that are a snap in fit that keep it snug and will make you think that there are more screws still in it the first time you do it.
  • replace bulb
  • reassemble
When I replaced mine I put in LED marker lamps so I didn't have to mess with it again.

IIRC there is an article on Superdutydiesel in the TIKI WIKI section on the CCV mod.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See if THIS ARTICLE works Mel. Weve been overhauling the WIKI over there at SDD and I'm not sure if the link is active.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Mel if you are talking about the marker light next to the turn signal in front tonka is right just go in above or below (below i think) the turn signal assembly with a screwdriver take out the screws and pull it out. easy as pie.

on mine the bumper was out of alignment so i lined that back up while i was at it. (bolts surrounding tow hooks)