Muffler Choices

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a 4" diamond eye louvered core muffler. thing sounds bas ass. throaty, no rasp.
was about 87$ i believe.

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glasspacks indeed do fill with soot so it will sound straight piped again within a few weeks. I've tried it. Does sound cool at first though. Im going to shoot for the AeroTurbine muffler when I get around to doing my 4" exhaust. I haven't found any info on IDI owners using them nor sound clips. But they sure sound sweet on Powerstrokes and Cummins. You can get an AeroTurbine in 2.5" for about $100.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Straight pipe 4 inch magnaflow. Nice & throaty without that horrible crackle these engines tend to make. The size of exhaust pipe makes a huge difference on how you want it to sound. Can't say it's very quiet at all but sounds great.

tgomes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for anything quieter I can throw on my 2.5" system for now maybe in the future I'll go turbo but for now just the 2.5

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Should I run 3.5" starting at the y pipe back so I can fit that in there?

If you start at the Y pipe you will need a piece of 3.5" pipe in addition to the muffler.

The way I did it. Adapter at the Y pipe. A straight piece of 3.5" pipe. Walker 21470 muffler to a stock Super Duty tail pipe. :D

tgomes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you start at the Y pipe you will need a piece of 3.5" pipe in addition to the muffler.

The way I did it. Adapter at the Y pipe. A straight piece of 3.5" pipe. Walker 21470 muffler to a stock Super Duty tail pipe. :D

How Does it sound and what did it all cost you. How far back did you mount the muffler?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online