Muffler Choices

tgomes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I cut my muffler off today and it is extremely loud to put put around town with... So what is a decent not $100 muffler I can throw on this thing. Something I can pick up at advanced auto. Thanks guys :D

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the one.the only.the walker big truck muffler.:D

http://www.amazon.com/Walker-21470-Muffler/dp/B0017LWGMQ

this is what i run on both of mine.with this one you really get it all.the straight through design for basically straight pipe EGT's.you get a built in resonator to eliminate any drone inside.you keep the turbo whistle if your turbocharged of course and your into that,but combined with a turbo,you get a nice clean deep tone without any of the raw exhaust junky sound of the blat and farting on deceleration lol.
you really get to have your cake and eat it too with this one.it's why they're so popular.

as for running one with a n/a engine.....i dunno.i think id just run a conventional muffler.n/a are screamers under load.it results in blue lights.ask me how i know.:D

tgomes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its N/A and I was driving around just asking for it haha. I mean once they pull me over and see I work in a jail anyway it wouldn't be a problem. Just trying to avoid that whole situation. The stock muffler does this motor no justice. I want some type of tone. :D

tgomes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well currently I have 2.5" pipe and have read with a N/A anything more than that is overkill. So unless someone can convince me otherwise I am staying with 2.5"

tgomes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a stock muffler for this truck already I deleted it and now it's way too loud like everyone here knows :sly I want tone not stock. If no noise was the goal I would of kept my stock on there.