Motorcraft parts

mackmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any know where I can find a rear Main seal(motor craft) and a oil cooler reseal and gasket kit .I am really sealing a 6.9 for my dump truck .I have tried rockauto napa and auto zone no luck on motor craft stuff. Where do you guys go. Thanks for your help. Here is some pics for the he'll of it.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I suggest contacting a member named Russ aka typ4. He resides in Oregon. I know for a fact he has the oil cooler seals. For the rear main I suggest Ford Parts Online. Its Bob Utter Ford in Texas. Really not sure if they still sell online but a cal will tell you everything. Any International or Ford dealer will have bot cooler and main seal.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I get almost all my OEM parts from ebay. There are tons of suppliers on there. If that fails either ford parts online or silver state ford as they have a big discount over ford parts online. They also list the part numbers so you can search of on ebay for them.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the felpro kit, it was all decent but I didn't like the way the rear main seal fit. It was made different from the factory one and just didn't fit well. I would recommend a motor craft part

mackmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I actually bought a rear seal from fel pro I was not happy with it at all .

mackmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the gasket put some rtv on it also helped keep it from moving . Has anyone used just rtv on the pan .I have heard of people doing it on power strokes .I believe their oil pan is a little different then ours.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I used the gasket put some rtv on it also helped keep it from moving . Has anyone used just rtv on the pan .I have heard of people doing it on power strokes .I believe their oil pan is a little different then ours.

The oil pan NEVER uses a pan gasket. Use one and I guarantee you a gasket leak. the factory ONLY USED RTV... It never leaks. I have used permatex ultra copper plus for many years and never had a leaker. My idi oil pan has been on for 9 years this way and not a drop of oil leaking. My best wishes with your idea of RTV and a gasket. If the engine is in the truck now with rtv and a gasket you will need to pull the engine to replace the gasket mistake. Not a chance in hel of doing a pan removal in frame.

mackmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No engine is on the stand .there was a gasket on it when I pulled the pan that's why I replaced it with one.

mackmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after some research on it seems most people prefer the rtv over a gasket. I should read more. Not a big deal for me to pull the pan and Do It With rtv. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take it apart and use silicone only. good quality stuff!

Navistar has one specifically for oil pan application it is sticks. comes in a short caulking gun tube grey colour and very sticky..
have done these many times on 7.3 powerstrokes and IDIs and a gasket is a big mistake unless you like to pull your engine yearly for a clean and repaint...................

mackmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be doing that. Couldn't find the navistar stuff but I did find the motor craft ta31 silicone.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The right stuff.. The only rtv I will use. Just hope you don't have to pull the pan back off . :D

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RTV Grey is what I use. Worked fine for me on both my trucks.

- Jeremy