Motorcraft/Beru Glow Plugs-YOU HAVE TO ASK !!!

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a document that I have access to from my phone/tablet, since they are synced, that has oil weight and capacity, air, oil, and fuel filter part numbers, wiper size and tire size.

For each of my vehicles or equipment, I have a little Rite in the Rain book and a pen stashed in the glove box or equivalent. Each book has a list of part numbers I have used, and I log maintenance in the book. After you've had a machine for a while, the book becomes valuable: you can see what parts you bought in the past, and you can see how many times each thing has failed.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I mean, motorcraft ain't gonna put something out there if they don't recommend it. Lol
The xsp? That's what I just got. Oreilly has a sale. And Chevron has a rebate online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last oil change I bought, which has been a few months was Chevron Delo LE 5w-40. I think that has been superseded with the new oil spec. I buy whatever Delo 5w-40 that walmart has on the shelf.... First I used was the Delo 400, then the 400 LE, and the next change will probably be the 400 XSP. Delo is a decent, lower cost synthetic. My 6.0 seems to like it.... and it is what I have used the longest in mine. I used the Motorcraft 15w-40 at first, then 1 change of the Valvoline Blue (The one with the big C on it), then Delo. I've been using Delo for at least 5 years...... (I've had the 6.0 of just over 11 years now........) As old as the 6.0 is (technology wise), I don't get hung up on the "letter of the latest spec".... a decent oil, like Delo is, and change it every 5,000 miles, and you should be good...., now if I had just spent 70 grand on a new aluminum wrapped 6.7, you better believe it's going to get the exact correct oil. The IDI, on the other hand, if it is 15w-40 and slick, it will do..... hell, right now, it has about half the capacity of straight 30 weight that I use in my Kohlers.......

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
didnt think you could use 10w30 in a diesel. Also i used this delvac 1300 figured I try it out since i seen a post here.
Yes you can use 10w30 as long as it's a diesel spec oil. There is a difference between diesel 10w30 and gasoline 10w30. Since I overhauled my engine, I've decided to switch to the Delvac oil. It's pretty widely available and, around here, it's about the cheapest name brand diesel oil.