Moosepump 14 lbs Boost & 1150 Degrees

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well yesterday while driving the horses back to the ranches I was "testing" the Moosepump on a nice long grade...... My boost was whatever I wanted. At 65 mph I had 10 lbs and 900 degrees. Then I added all the go peddle I could get. The boost started climbing but the pyro didn't. The boost went past 11 easily then the pyro started to climb. As I watched the boost going past 14 the pyro was going past 1150 and fast. Backing out og the throttle it cools the pyro really quickly and the boost drops also. I know I have more throttle but the carpet map keeps me from getting all of it right now. I'm still blowing plenty of black smoke so turning down the pump a bit more is todays big thing to do. Mel told me this pump of his requires an intercooler so when I get the exhaust temps somewhat more inline I'll be installing the Hypermax intercooler I have. Then I'll add more pump if needed. Otherwise "things are looken up" with the famous Moose Pump. Its more than you can imagine. Its really sumtin.....:D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that glowing report Gary. The checks in the mail. LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Check???? What check.... I want the Lady Moose truck..:D Now thats a mighty fine looking truck... Its everything I want and more... I'll even throw in the wife as a tradeing option... She wont cook.. Clean or do anything but spend money....LOL I know... I'm going to hell for teaseing like this....cookoo :dunno Glad she never reads any of this stuff I print....;p

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
icanfixall,
Sounding good! Where do you have your timing set? Might as well leave the fuel screww as is, install the IC and see what it does. Your probably going to lose a couple # of boost thru the IC.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
so now what about a stock pump? does it run outta fuel pretty quick? i'm kinda thinking of twin turboing this winter (granted i even get the truck running! haha). will a moose pump be a must? i mean i plan on getting it eventually but if it's not immediately necessary why bother...

-Jon

streaker

Reaction score
How much more flow does the moose pump have? What % increase over stock does it have? I've heard that the stock idi pumps will flow plenty to bury the pyrometer, so why add more fuel? How much of a gain in HP do you get from running this pump?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
It has more to do than just adding fuel I believe. Mel hasnt totaly let the cat out of the bag, which none of us should expect of him, because I'm sure he doesnt want anymore competetors. But I'm thinking that Mel also does something with the timing, but who really knows LOL Besides Mel that is.

sootman73

Reaction score
so now what about a stock pump? does it run outta fuel pretty quick? i'm kinda thinking of twin turboing this winter (granted i even get the truck running! haha). will a moose pump be a must? i mean i plan on getting it eventually but if it's not immediately necessary why bother...

well my pump is maxxed out right now and i have a factory turbo and i see max 12 pounds boost with egt's at around 1100-1200. if you wanna do twins ur def gonna need a moose pump or at least a hipo pump.

How much more flow does the moose pump have? What % increase over stock does it have? I've heard that the stock idi pumps will flow plenty to bury the pyrometer, so why add more fuel? How much of a gain in HP do you get from running this pump?

you would only get this pump if you have a turbo on ur truck. if you dont then you wont need the pump. like i said above though if you have a turbo then you can pretty easily max out the fuel delivery.

streaker

Reaction score
Good to know, I had always thought that the stocker supplied enough for even a turboed truck. So does your truck still smoke at 12psi? If it does, doesn't that mean its not burning what being provided already?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
what i can tell from the reports the moose pump can inject more fuel and still keep the egts cool from working with the timing curve. So basically you get a faster running truck that it is safer to run because your pyro isn't buried....unless you wanna bury it

sootman73

Reaction score
Good to know, I had always thought that the stocker supplied enough for even a turboed truck. So does your truck still smoke at 12psi? If it does, doesn't that mean its not burning what being provided already?

no there usually isn't any smoke at 12 pounds. the only time i can see any is when its night and another car's headlights are shining in my back window. it'll smoke pretty good off the line until the turbo spools which is almost instantly.