Moose Pumps and waste motor oil cores

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It turns out that Ken's DB4 hybrid was only pumping 120cc's, so the Super Moose should achieve some pretty good #'s.

:rolleyes:

Ken. I hate to hear that, but sadly I'm not surprised. What he says and what he does, unfortunately, are often two very different things. I am suprised, however, he burned Justin like that. He was Ken's champion for a while. You'd think he'd actually try and keep him happy and be honest with him. Sad really. I hope others stay away from DPS from now on.

Mel, thanks again for the Moose program! I've fully Moosed (IP and Injectors) both of my IDI's and can very safely say they are great products that deliver quality performace without compromises. I love the change the Moose Pump and Moose Injectors made to my 6.9 crew cab. She hauls the camper quite nicely now. Go Moose and experience it for yourself.

Heath

Last edited:

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel, I don't want this thread going sideways. I want to start a thread over at alternative fuels about actual wear and tear to components caused by running waste oil. I would like you to contribute what you have seen on different parts. I figure you probably see more injectors and pumps than the other members of oilburners. I think it would help to determine the real costs and savings of running waste oil.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?57642-Actual-wear-and-tear-of-engine-parts-running-waste-oil&p=670858#post670858

Last edited:

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Moose ... are you sure that its the carbon in the oil and not the acidity level that is eating up the plunger and barrels I talked to a fuel pump rebuilder the other day that said it was the acidity levels that eat up the pumps ... I have over 70k on my pump on WMO and I currently have it torn down to replace a couple parts ... mostly seals ... but the plunger return springs are broken as well ... the plunger and barrel both look great and still hold pressure and vacuum .... I believe that the springs may be broken due to some over-rev conditions going downhill with a very heavy trailer a couple times .... thanx for your input

DragRag

Reaction score
I have run waste motor oil on high mileage pumps for years with no adverse affects. I am one of those guys that runs a large fleet, and have tried just about EVERYTHING. Sorry, I just don't buy the hype. There isn't a damn thing wrong with WMO properly filtered. Now, running unfiltered with dirt is a different story. I am totally willing to bet you just can't tell the difference between a WMO pump, and number 2 pump if filtered properly. Of course we could argue, but lol, no point in it.

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you the guy to get performance pumps and injectors for 7.3 idi's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still say if the oil is clean enough to run through the fuel system, it's clean enough to put back into the crankcase.

Clean enough is one thing, whether it still has proper additives is another, whether it has proper Ph is still another. The last one you can probably reasonably fix. The additives, not reasonably. On the other hand, you don't care about any of that crap if you're just going to set it on fire.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sort of off topic, but with a nice turbo(powerstroke maybe?) moose or full moose, headstuds, what kind of power and MPG can one expect from this IDI? IM always flip flopping between a built IDI and a turned up cummins. Figure about 2k for both either way..
only reason i dont want a cummins is they sound like poo lol
400 horse 900ftlbs to the wheels doable?
ZF5 4x4 with OD mmmm

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say idi. Reason being is every one else has powerstroke, cummins etc. Be different.

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a dually 7.3 im goi g to lower and do matt black ( 2wheel drive) street sweeper. Lol