moose power?

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and I definitely will run it through my intercooler cus its definitely big enough! Haha

And blown84 you can't go wrong with a regular Moose either! I definitely love mine!

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think of the turbo blowing air into the supercharger like a turbo blowing air into an engine. The SC just like an engine has a fixed volume of air that goes through it per revolution. The more the air is compressed goin into it the more boost I'll gain. Idk. Its just my thinking. I'll just tinker with it both ways and see what happens. ;Sweet

That's exactly what I was saying. It's just like pushing into an engine, an engine that is too big for the turbo. With your 6.9l at 10psi at 85% ve, it will be flowing the same amount of air as a 9.66l engine at 0 psi boost at 85% ve. Your turbo would not work on that theoretical engine, unless you were only running the blower at 5psi, but no matter what, if you have the ats or banks turbo first, you will never be able to run more than 12-15psi efficiently.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGxTrYWTVrE

You can clearly see my pyro on the right of the boost gauge, .

you might wanna slap a set of wiper blades on that thing :rotflmao

anyways i didnt read every post and im not going to.all it seems to be is a bunch of people saying it wont work as usual.but ive never seen any of them try it.

anything is possible if you got the time and money to spend.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
hay ive got sumthin to share for you guys i had a buddie of that had a 1986 f259 6.9 i dont remember how big his turbo was but it was putin out any where between 20 and 32 psi i had custom cut low comp pistions some head work done and a pump off a 93 that was turnded up 3 whole flats and two on the torqe screw and that truck was putin out over 400 hp at the rear tires with around 700 ft lb tq and the engine rebulib was only a 30 over. the high horse in these are posible but its like some one on here said everyengine is different some cant do this some could go way past.

I hate telling people this, but the above statement never happened. A stock pump cant supply fuel for half that hp claim. My bet is your buddy is just guessing or totally BS'ing you. Sorry man.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
now for what im doin to mine and it is goin to work and do not dare steal my ideas cause im goin to purposely leave out a coulpe things.

oh lets start out with that the engine is a 84 it is goin to have cut low comp pistons, havent decided on the twin turbos yet ported and polished 7.3 heads with fire rings and o rings drilled and taped for 120 hp 12v cummins injectors, 60 over engine rebiuld on everything, water ****, banks tecnicooler for a 99 psd with 3.5 boost tubes, either a custom built factory turbo 7.3 pump or a in lime 8 p pump off a v8 perkins that will be modded, air dog 2 200, custom ground cam, raised displacement above a 7.3, srtight 14 or 15.1 copresion, with fully equiped gages, and a few other trade secrets.

I will give this build a 1 in 100 chance. Many people have talked the talk, but it's never happened. Heck I talked the same game when I first got on forums.

My first imagination builds included 90mm throttle bodies, larger valves, nitrous. Yeah I was a smart cookie LOL

but please do build it, that would be great.

farm_boy1692

Reaction score
id like to add that i think that anything is possible, but i do have to agree with the other guys farm boy. makin that much power with an idi is a lot harder than one would think. ill be honest, if you read my whole thread, i came in here expectin to be able to build a one-off, blown idi combo and lay down 400/800. i now know, ill be puttin down bout half of that, but its ok. its not the numbers im after, its the uniqueness of my build with the reliability it will have if i do it right. i too played with the idea of a twin turbo 6.9.

also farmboy, in regards to your post, #111: "this isnt BS thats the plans are and will be no mater what idi engine or idit eninge i have so you can take it as it is and leave it alone and when i get it built there will be plenty of pic on here and powerstroke nation to rub in your face and ill still make the power safely just to prove you wrong," i dont mind you defendin yourself, i would love you to prove everybody wrong. thats how innovations are developed. (everything i was ever told said 31x10.50 tires wouldnt fit on my explorer without cuttin or a lift. i had to do neither and they dont rub). but in doin so, at least in my threads, you will be respectful of others. i dont allow disrespect or ****** matches. if you dont believe me, read the whole thread.

in fact, you should read the whole thread anyways. there is a lot of information that has been posted here that you might find quite useful. ;Sweet

hay man i all ready have to deal with that crap on power stroke nation.
all right man ill cheack it out.

farm_boy1692

Reaction score
respect

hay id like to add on here i dont know if this is the right spot for it or not but you guys on here are a whole lot easier to say things to and get along with.
id figure that i would put that oh here.
if you want to check out my project its on powerstoke nation under fabrication foum project 6.9

thanks guys

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was saying. It's just like pushing into an engine, an engine that is too big for the turbo. With your 6.9l at 10psi at 85% ve, it will be flowing the same amount of air as a 9.66l engine at 0 psi boost at 85% ve. Your turbo would not work on that theoretical engine, unless you were only running the blower at 5psi, but no matter what, if you have the ats or banks turbo first, you will never be able to run more than 12-15psi efficiently.

So are you saying that if I had a big enough turbo that I would be alright to run the turbo into the SC then? Rather than having to do it the other way around?

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hay id like to add on here i dont know if this is the right spot for it or not but you guys on here are a whole lot easier to say things to and get along with.
id figure that i would put that oh here.
if you want to check out my project its on powerstoke nation under fabrication foum project 6.9

thanks guys

And heck ya these guys are pretty cool! Lol But anyway if you get it done keep us posted wouldn't mind seeing how it runs. As they said it is pretty tough to get those numbers but good luck in your venture. :thumbsup:

farm_boy1692

Reaction score
And heck ya these guys are pretty cool! Lol But anyway if you get it done keep us posted wouldn't mind seeing how it runs. As they said it is pretty tough to get those numbers but good luck in your venture. :thumbsup:

thanks man im still debating over a couple different ways that i can go with it but ill keep you all informed

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good man. And if you do find a good power combo I wouldn't mind hearing that either. :sly

Brianedwardss

Reaction score

Attachments

• Det1.jpg
    Det1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 2
  • Det2.jpg
    Det2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 0

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are you saying that if I had a big enough turbo that I would be alright to run the turbo into the SC then? Rather than having to do it the other way around?

Ya, that's what I'm saying. If it were me, I would use a t70 t4 Garrett turbo or bigger, since you don't need to worry about spool up as much. Still with the super last, you won't want to exceed 20lbs of boost since it still has to compress all of the air, and they get extremely inefficient at boost levels that high.