Moding interior

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1987 Ford 6.9 IDI 5 speed ZF5 Dually Crew Cab 8' bed. I want to put replace my bench seats front and back with bucket seat and center consoles. Looking for something that will be plug and play if possible. If not then will have to make it fit. Come on guy's give me some idea's here.
I have a complete replacement interior for the truck that I have accumulated over the past year. All in the ford brown which is my color of choice.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Most all of the 87-97ish Ford full size seats should bolt in with little or no modification in your 87. I swapped a pair of 96 buckets into my 90 Bronco which is essentially the same cab/body. Bolted right in, the only thing I had to do was wire in the lumbar but that was easy just a fused power and gnd. Hope this helps.

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in theory even Bronco seat from 87 to 97 should work! RIGHT!!!! Now for the now for the head liner question is there any after market products or am I just going to have to wing it. I've got a DVD player and sound system as well and want to incorporate speakers in the headliner.

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed King Ranch Leather seats out of a 2003 F350 into my 94 crew cab.

I drool when I think about doing this swap. It looks awesome!

I have seen a headliner replacement that is for a single cab that has a two 6 1/2" speaker hole above the driver and passenger's head. It also has a spot to install a radio. If you are not afraid of cutting brand new plastic parts up you may be able to join the together and make a one piece headliner. Here is a link for a picture of the headliner. FYI, replace the speakers immediately according to all reviews they are horrible and fail quickly. http://www.rustrepair.com/92-FORD-PICKUP-CUSTOM-HEADLINER-9080462.HTM

As for seats, new seats are offered with to bolt in place of the factory seats. They even have seats with a massage feature:sly. http://www.discountvantruck.com/

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That head liner is actually perfect. i can make that bad boy work easy. Thanks for the link young man.

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That head liner is actually perfect. i can make that bad boy work easy. Thanks for the link young man.

Glad to help. It sounds like you will a pretty sweet set up, only issue I can see is having enough power to drive all the speakers. If you are doing what I think you are doing you will have ten speakers to power plus I assume a sub.

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't worry i got the power grin!!!!!

In that case Crutchfield offers a kick panel replacement that is meant to install a 6 1/2" component on the drivers and passenger side. It is for the OBS cabs so you may have to rework that for your brick nose.