Midwestern after the holidays get-together

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
You bet I will! Unless something happens, like another continuance on my wife's behalf, this will all be over in March, maybe sooner! Then just try to keep me away!!! :)

Kind of sucks that I have had to put my life on hold since July 07, but getting my daughter is worth it. I have many good things going on in my life as well! ;Sweet

Gitrdone Scott!;Sweet

Well it looks like we will be coming in Friday afternoon to make a weekend out of it.
Kinda give the little butts some time to blow of some steam.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey Scott, Do what you gotta do, wish you could be there but we understand. Hang in there!

Yeah Darrin, that is what I am doing, but 6 months after we split and it kills me that she is still controlling even a small part of my life!!! Travis can fill you all in on the details. This one is slated to be ugly if it goes to court, which I would say there is a 50/50 chance of. She hasn't seemed real reasonable up till now, but I think the writing on the wall is making her reconsider - now she wants to deal...

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Family and I got back home yesterday just before noon but I didn't even touch a computer yesterday (not even works computer :eek: ) anyhoo I must applogozie for not posting a summary...

here goes...

We had a great time.

In attendance was

(DslDogcatcher) Ron Butts and family
Darrin Tosh and family
(Diesel4me2) Chris Barber and family
(LuckyLarue) Jim Williams
(Hoss6.9) Ike Notestine and family
Glen Weldon, family and friend - new to the group
(Double-S-Diesel) Nick Scarpa and family.
(SNicklas) Scott Nicklas, family and fiance Mary.
(Flatlander) Barney Goodwin and family.
(KCW12) Kevin and friend.

and naturally Myself and family.

We had a much bigger turn out that I was expecting and that's just AWESOME!

Darrin led us in prayer again - he always does a such a nice job on that. Darrin also brought a magazine for show and tell that talks about the new front wheel drive vehicles that would have been hitting the market back in the 60's. The magazine was dated April 1965 - very cool.

Tina stood up and talked about the coming IDI Weekend they are hosting in PA this year and how that's coming along. I know that we talked about that quite a bit over the course of the evening.

It was reall good to meet with old friends and make new ones.

The BOOB express was in full force during the meet - we transfered I don't know how many gallons of used cooking oil from Nick and Tina's trailer to back of the gay truck (Goldie), then transfered a rear axle to Kevin's truck from Nick and Tina's trailer as well. Also the transmission that Chris brought got transfered to bed of my truck and will be making it's way over to Barney's here probably tonight to get ready for it's next leg of it's journey to where ever it's going - man isn't the BOOB Express great! It's just amazing the Brotherhood is that strong! just AWESOME!!! ;Sweet It's something to be proud of.

We had too much food and ate like kings.

The real surprise was ole Jim Williams showed up totally on a whim. He was home from his job on the pipeline and decided to show up - ;Sweet He didn't make the decision to show up until Saturday morning when Judy told him to go out and play. LOL

A good time was had by all - the pool got used quite a bit I know from talking with the kids it was a big hit on their part.

all in all I think we had a great time and we talked about a little about doing this every year out here and also about doing another Midwestern Oil Burners (MOB) get together in the fall. More will come on that here in next few weeks so stay tuned kiddies....

I want to personally come out and thank everyone that attended as this would not have been possible without you. It's not the person setting it up that makes these things happen it's the people that attend - about the only thing I did was make reservations (which mine were lost by the hotel staff). It was the group that did the big push - some of you drove as far away as 7+ hours :hail that deserves a hat's off.

Travis.

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Also...

9 Trucks and 2 gasser cars (not to mention names..... Darrin and Barney)

21 adults
19 Children

WOOWZA....

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
And there was 1 1/2 there in spirit!!! :)

I missed, thought about it for a while, but then another great thing happened, more on that in a pm...;Sweet

Anyway, I sure would have liked to be there, and for once, scheduling wasn't the problem. Wish me well though as last Monday I started 3 Ph.D. classes for the Winter quarter, I usually take 1 per quarter as well as starting instructing a (new to me) online course for the college.

So, I thought about you guys for a while, well until "other" things happened...then I was pretty damn happy to be right where I was! And no, the things are not refinery material!!! LOL but they are pm material under the circumstances!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Gitrdone Scott!;Sweet

I am doing my best buddy, believe me, I want this overwith and am SO excited about starting my NEW life! :) After the initial shock, I haven't been so happy in 10+ years. I am with the love of my life (so, she is only 6, we still have a blast) and it looks VERY much like it will stay that way and that was job one! Job two is to get that magistrate to sign on the dotted line, because it is quite apparent, the *other* party involved probably isn't going to, even though we made her one hell of an offer! cookoo

You guys will probably get tired of seeing me once this is done...I plan to be at all of them! ;Sweet

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well I must say thanks Trav for hosting the MOB event. :hail

The Butts' had a great weekend and yes it was a suprise to see Jim again.:thumbsup:

Can't wait for next years event.;Sweet

Nick, thanks again, man.:hail

fine6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any plans for a fall meet? I'm new to this site and love it!;Sweet Would really like to meet some of you and shoot the bull for awhile. Anyone going to try and make it to the meet in August?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online