Midwestern after the holidays get-together

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ok folks with all that seems to go on during the holidays surrounding family and such I say we get together after the holidays for a relaxing evening of old friends and hopefully some new.

WHEN - January 12th 2008

Ramada Inn of Angola, Indiana
www.ramadafun.com/
260-665-9471

They will offer a discounted rate of $72.00 night.

They can set us up in a meeting room if we want or we can sit out in the lobby. She will place us in a block of rooms in the back beside the pool (which is indoors along with a hot tub and dry sauna). They have a game room for the kiddies and offer free wireless internet - they have two computers for guest use down in the lobby that anyone over the age of 16 can use (under that they need adult supervision).

No free breakfast but they have Bennigians Resturant right on site and it's decent food for a decent price - I have actually driven up there for supper a few times it's not bad at all.

In the meeting room they will set it up for us - we can do a pot luck type dinner or whatever we want in the meeting room. The meeting room is real close to the pool for our enjoyment.

The rooms are held under the name of Midwestern Oilburners.

Sherri, kids and I will be there for the evening of the 12th.

Let me know when you are set up so that I can plan accordingly.

This is open to all diesels I don't care what you drive.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Sounds good Travis, We hope to be there and we will let you know when we make the reservations. Sounds like Barney and Ron are considering it also.

Anyone else so far,..?

Probablly be driving Lori's Volvo Wagon,...:D (turbo all wheel drive I might ad)

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Well guys, I have my divorce pre-trial on December 5 and final on December 18. I think I will make reservations, but may have to change them depending on the outcome of my proceedings. My guess is, either way, I will be cool and able to attend.

I am looking at some maps and such as well. Going to my second Cleveland Browns game this weekend with a good friend and think maybe a drive over there would do me some good!!! :)

I will prolly call later tonight or tomorrow as I am heading out the door for a bit.

You guys aren't like a biker gang though right? My ricer won't be burnt will it??? :) I aint making that drive in my current IDI, but might just have another diesel by then anyway...been looking at a few!

Sounds like fun and I can finally meet all you guys!
Scott

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
You guys aren't like a biker gang though right? My ricer won't be burnt will it??? :) I aint making that drive in my current IDI, but might just have another diesel by then anyway...been looking at a few!

Sounds like fun and I can finally meet all you guys!
Scott

Naw, not really a biker gang persay but more like the fumagators.

Burn yer ricer?????

Naw that's why we have popcorn boy....:D

Still tryin to figger the commonalities of goats and rice though.LOL

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Checked it out on Yahoo maps, only like 218 miles for me, not a bad drive at all. Doing about that this weekend going to the Browns game!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey Travis, I called to make my reservation, she said she didn't have anything listed under Midwestern Oilburners...also said there were only three rooms reserved and they weren't under your name! :) I called the number you posted, they said it was indeed Angola, Indiana.

Remember, I have your address from sending you that DVD...this better not be a snipe hunt!!! :) Just kidding dude - I am sure she was just cornfused!

Anyway, I reserved a room! :)
See ya then,
Scott

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
What the heck???? I'll call her and get it straightened out. She must have slept since then....

Oh I moved since then so bring it on big boy LOL

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Just got to thinking about it and probably you didn't talk to the same girl I did - I had to get transfered to this girl - the first one didn't handle big groups or something. But I'll get it straightened out on Monday I'm sure the girl I spoke with is probably off for the weekend.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
What the heck???? I'll call her and get it straightened out. She must have slept since then....

Oh I moved since then so bring it on big boy LOL

Yeah, I remembered that after I posted! Just keep in mind, I work in the prison system, WE HAVE WAYS OF FINDING PEOPLE!

No worries, I figured I just talked to a different person. I have a reservation, if no one else shows up, I'll have the pool all to myself!!! :)

Oh, and I am working on the big boy part...I am sure today will not be a great help, but I'll survive!

Scott

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to call up there this morning and I got it all straightened out. We are on track and everything is set up still. So me and you are set up - I don't know why I wasn't listed before but I know that I'm there and the rooms are still set aside. I talked with Amamda the same girl you talked to so everyone should be on the same page at this point.