Michigan fall get together.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's great, because it is going to be wet here at home. Guess we will be driving through some pre-melted snow to get there.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I'm just far enough south that I will say it... SNOW!!!

We only get the fringe that you boys see and now that I have moved just a bit further south I should miss even that - don't worry though I still more than my fair share but nothing like you boys see....

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
NOOOOOO not the land of unsalted....

I promise I won't say SNOW again, I'll never use the word S-N-O-W in a sentence to you again... All this popcorn looks like SNOW so I'll not say anything else about SNOW again... I promise with sprinkles (of SNOW) on top.... I won't even try to get you to eat the yellow SNOW again...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Just a quick update, I dropped by the campground today and droped off the Camper that the Agnes are using, Checked in with the owners, and they are ready for us.

Scott called, and he arrived this evening and made the trip safely so thats all good!

Mel called and they are on the road allready, The hope to be in Ohio my midnight, sleep for the night, Head out in the morning and be at the campground by early afternoon.

Ron is getting the camper hooked up and packed tonight, said he will be working at it late to get everything ready, but won't be at the campground till tomrrow evening 7-7:30.

Lori got our camper all ready to go tonight, I got it hooked up and will take it to the lot tomorrow, I have to head to the auto auction in the morning to pick up a couple of cars, We hope to be done by about 1 or so and head to the camground by 2.

I havent eard form anyone else yet so that is about it.

Later!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
We are here and getting settled in. Brats on the grill, fire burning in the ring, me on the puter...all is good! :)

Just an update...WIFI is down here. There is a sign on the door to the store that says lightening took it out and they hope to have it up next week!

I'm using my ATT Aircard, and have decent connection, but nothing to write home about, but hey, I'm on here posting.

We'll try to hold down the fort until you all get here!

We got a later start than I wanted, had to get two new tires put on. Said they could have it done by 8 or so, but ended up being closer to 9:30. Didn't have much choice though, they were in bad shape. I'm in my Burgandy Santa Fe, I would assume it to be the only one running around with one of Mike's Oilburners.net stickers on the back!!!

Our camp site is cool, NOTHING close to it. We are just kind of up on a bank, woods all around, nice fire burning, enjoying the quiet.

Last edited:

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
sweet;Sweet glad ya made it. we're pulling out in about 30 min. should be there by 5:30. thats the plan anyway. :D
chris

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Great meeting all of you! We headed out last night about midnight, a night in those horrible beds, with no water or WIFI just didn't enthuse me all that much! :0 We had loaded the car up to head out in the morning, and just decided a 7 hour drive to sleep in our own beds sounded better than the alternative...so we piled in and headed out. Wish I could have stayed longer, but still got to put a bunch of faces with a bunch of "names" so that was cool. Really starting to think about the Rally next year and how to swing it, but I think I'll go ahead and make reservations and try to make it work from there.

thanks for the invite and warm welcome,
Scott

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
We're home!
Got in about a half hour ago and already gots the blues.
Was a great weekend. Plenty of excitement and carnage and of course meeting up with the gang once again.

Scott was good to meet ya finally.;Sweet
Mel, glad ya could make it. Thank goodness it was a little too cold out for ya.LOL

Overall, ya could not have asked for a better weekend.:thumbsup:

Looking forward to the next meet.

Pics and videos to come soon.;Really

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
We made it home also, We had a great time, It was good to meet you and your family Scott, wish you could have stayed longer.

Mel and family left early this morning, for thier 14 hour drive home so we should hear from them tonight yet. Chris, Barney, Ron, and Joe all left in this afternoon.

Ron will have some good pics and vids of some of the action, including a neck and neck drag race between a Moose Pumped, twin turbo IDI, and a Cummins powered F350,.. as well as some narley RC Car Jumps, thanks to my brother Dave who showed up on Saturday afternoon with his wife. He also gave rides in his 97 F350 PSD, not stock.

Some of the carnage includes a possible blown up motor, as well as a stripped tranny gear. The Motor was in Daves nitro powered RC Tuck and the trans was in my JRXT electric powered RC Truck. LOL

I did suffer a break down today, I lost an alternator pully and the drive belt. I was taking a camper back to GR today, droped it off, and it broke on the way back. I called a buddy with a flat bed wrecker to pick up the truck. Fortunatly I was about 1 mile from our Church and Scotty was heading home was able to pick me up. So now I needed to get a truck to tow my camper home. I called my friend Dan and was able to borrow his 97 F350 4x4 Diesel Dually that had a goosneck set up in it, so that worked out good, and we got the camper home, and Big Ed in the garage at the shop.

All in all it was a great weekend, we burned a LOT of wood, hung out with friends, made some new ones, cooked some great food, and the kids had a great time as well.

Thanks for all that showed up! we are all looking forward to the next one, Travis, Winter get together in Angola again,...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online