Michigan fall get together.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're home now too! made it in 12.5 hours, all 677 miles. Uneventfull trip, just the way I like it. Darrin, real sorry to hear you broke down taking our loaner back! :( I can't tell you how much we appreciated the accomidation, as I'm sure with the current state of affairs around here, we just would not have been able to make it if things didn't go the way they had. We had a great time, even if it seemed a bit short, but at least we got a full day and a half out of it, and two great evenings of nocturnal BOOB activity. The race was very exciting (and gratifying - Way to go Barney, your check is in the mail LOL) and that's probably what did in your Cummapart. :angel: Dave's truck is impressive as always, and dispite the high levels of testosterone left in that intersection out at the corner, I suspect the owner of that residence will eventually recover. It was great seeing so many of our rally friends again, so close on the heels of the last IDI Weekend. Now we have the long cold winter to struggle through and hopefully we will all get to do it all again at one venue or another soon. Good luck on finding that Knock Barney. Sorry we couldn't track it down it the time and energy we had. Hopefully it is nothing too threatening. Looking forward to the pics, and hopefully I'll have mine up in the coming days. ;Sweet

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
We made it home with only one issue. I forgot to put my oil cap back on after checking and topping off prior to departure. 3 1/2 qts on everything under the hood, underside of the hood, down the drivers side of my truck, all over the front of the trailer, the side of the trailer, even the back of the trailer. DOH!

Glad I stopped right after the bat to get fuel. Blue Beacon 24 hour truck and trailer wash took care of the mess including under the hood for 41 bucks.

liddledoggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
liddledoggie made it back to camper in manitawoc. had a great time seeing everyone again. sorry i missed scott. thanks lori and darrin. joe

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Good luck on finding that Knock Barney. Sorry we couldn't track it down it the time and energy we had.

I'm afraid it's not too good. 90% sure it's in the bottom end. If so, looks like another winter with the truck in the bubble.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
just got in, thanks again to everyone. i hear ya about the bubble thing. i'm going to have to do the same thing to get the engine in this winter. first i have to wait for my moose pump;Really:D
chris

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We debated that possibility and kinda felt like it would stop knocking if we turned off the fuel to that cylinder. If the compression is doing it, maybe you could try pulling glow plugs one at a time. The oil mess sounds most unpleasant, but at least you got that cleaned up fast. Yes, having an oil return just an inch away from the filler cap would certainly do what you described. How did the blue beacon clean the engine? Does somebody still have a steam cleaner like car washes had in the olden days? Glad everybody is getting back OK. Tomorrow is going to be a REAL drag.... :puke: :rolleyes:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
liddledoggie made it back to camper in manitawoc. had a great time seeing everyone again. sorry i missed scott. thanks lori and darrin. joe

Sorry I missed you as well! Thought I would get to meet you Friday evening, but they said you had put in quite a few miles! There's always next time I guess - see ya then! :)

Lady_Dsl_Shine

Reaction score
We're home, too. Had a great time! It was great seeing everyone again! Thanks Darrin and Lori.
Laurie, Calvin and Jackie.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, guys, I'm sorry I had to head out as well. Wished I could have stayed longer, but the beds in that rental were just about as harsh as anything I've slept in! Should have brought my tent and camping gear, it's much more lavish! Had to get mom home in time to go in at 4:00 PM as well, which I knew would cut Saturday short, but accepted it so they could get away as well.

It was really cool to travel around Friday and check out the scenery. My daughter hasn't stopped talking about Lake Michigan, had to take the rocks and shells she collected to show her mother today! She came home saying that all she did all day was answer questions about the trip from her mother...she said it was worth it though! :)

So, I guess I got to get my butt in gear and figure out how to make the rally next year. Maybe have another truck by then as well, cause I don't think I could survive driving my current one, althought it isn't going anywhere (as in not selling it). That blue 94 that Darrin has sure looks nice! :)

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Thanks for all that showed up! we are all looking forward to the next one, Travis, Winter get together in Angola again,...?

Sherri and I have been talking about it for about 2~3 months now... We will have more information on that in the near future.... I need to find the time to get in touch with the gal I spoke with last time so that I can see about securing a good rate like last time.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Sherri and I have been talking about it for about 2~3 months now... We will have more information on that in the near future.... I need to find the time to get in touch with the gal I spoke with last time so that I can see about securing a good rate like last time.

Sounds good, Well be looking forward to the info. There was a lot of talk about it on our little meet so I would think you would have real good turnout. ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ok I'm on it... I have been thinking about it here lately actually for the last month that I need to get something rolling.

I'll put that on my to do list for this week. I have today off but I need to work on the goat - me no have heat and I'm tired of bundling up like a motorcycle rider to go any where...