Michigan fall get together.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
We did this last year, it was called the "Big Ed didn't make it to the Rally" Rally,.., So we decided to do it again this year, but this year it really isn't called anything,..:dunno If you want to call it something feel free to put in your suggestions,..

When? Friday Sept 26 through Sunday Sept 28.

Where? Eastlake Campground in Hopkins MI.
~Here is thier wbsite: http://www.michcampgrounds.com/eastlake/

They have "buy one day get one free" camping, so for $34.00 you can camp for the Weekend with Water and Electric.
Tina is holding 6 spots under my name for one Week, so if you want to go please call in you reservation soon. When you do call make sure you use my name.

Who? This is open to anyone that wants to come, IDI, PSD, Cummins, Duramax, it don't matter So far it sounds like Myself, Barney, Chris, and Ron will be going, so that leaves 2 more spots open, If there are more that wants to go please let me know asap so we can get more spots. There should not be a problem getting more.

Why? This is just a relaxing, wood burning, food eatin, beverage drinking, laid back, camping weekend with nothing on the schedule.
However last year we were able to do a Moose Pump install and blow up Barneys truck, so that was fun,.... for most of us,..;Really

What? The Campground is having a Chili Cookoff that weekend so if you have a good Chili recipee, lets bring them and we can get involved with that.

I know that Hoss was trying to put something together for August but it didn't work out for most of us, so I thought I would try it again like last year a little later in the season.

Let me know if you can make it. ;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok, this might sound off topic for a minute, but bear with me. For those of you with kids, what are the typical policies on children missing school? My daughter is in first grade and while there have been several "events" that I would like to attend, I have to have her back for visitation with her mother on Sunday at 9:00 AM, thus ruling out much of a weekend campout far from home. If I go somewhere for a week or more, the court gave me the ability to skip that weekends visit. So, this applies to this post as I would love to come, but have to be back by Sunday. Travis and I have tried to work out a weekend as well, but with the same results (have patience Travis, I'll make it sometime! :)

So, what if I took off Thursday evening, had my daughter miss school Friday - how would that go over with most schools? What do you all think?

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up, just made my reservations. looking forward to seeing everyone again

as far as the schools go, time spent with dad is more important than any thing that they would learn in school
chris

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
time spent with dad is more important than any thing that they would learn in school
chris

Not to mention, dad's a college prof., so I think I do a pretty good job learning her too! :) Case in point, her school is 5 miles from home, her homework was done between her school and home! :)

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I guess I should have said "Associate College Prof!" Cant call yourself a prof where I work until you can pile it high and deep (Ph.D.) of course! :backoff

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Most schools don't complain too much unless it starts to become excessive. I have pulled the kids out of school to do something before we just don't make a habit of it maybe once or twice a year at most.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Our school has a "vacation permission slip". You fill out the form and turn it in two weeks prior to the trip. It has a question on "Why vacation at this time?". We just put in "a scheduled event". Works for us.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
as far as the schools go, time spent with dad is more important than any thing that they would learn in school
chris

I have been saying this for years.

We'll get our reservation in tomorrow.

How about "blow it up and tow it home" weekend? Worked well last year.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score

Soooo what mod are we gonna do THIS time.:eek:

Not sure Amy is gonna let ya come play with us if you start that tradition.LOL

I'm in gonna get things set this week.;Sweet

Hey Darrin, gotta check to see if that tractor rim will be free this time.:rotflmao

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ok I'll hit up my partner in crime and see if he wants to switch days with me or what so I can get off for this...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
chris

I agree with that also!, We never had a problem taking the kids out of school for a vacation, you should not have a problem either. Just go in and talk to them, and they will work with you.

Hope you can pull it off!

thanks for the heads up, just made my reservations. looking forward to seeing everyone again

Sounds good Chris!, When do you think you will arrive? Did you tell them you are in a big 5Ver instead of a Pop UP this year?

Taylor is excited to see your kids again. ;Sweet glad you can make it.

We'll get our reservation in tomorrow.

I like the "Blow it up and Tow it home" But lets not do that again this year. I am looking forward to going for a ride with the new lower compression, Moose Pumped, Twin Turbo, 3:73 geaed IDI hot rod! :thumbsup:

I'm in gonna get things set this week.

Hey Darrin, gotta check to see if that tractor rim will be free this time.

Sounds good Ron, Ill check on the Tractor Rim fire ring, and see if we can get it reserved for our campsite. Gotta check with Corky and get a truck load of wood to fill it ;Sweet

Ok I'll hit up my partner in crime and see if he wants to switch days with me or what so I can get off for this...

Get er done Travis! If you can come it looks like all 6 spots will be filled. I will wait a cople of days and see what happens then call and get a couple more spaces if we need them.

well i do have a turbo and an intercooler just sitting here
chris

Ron can get the whole front off the truck in about 15 minutes,...:D He might be able to get it installed for you Friday evening,...

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok, Travis, I'll issue a challenge - you make it, I'll make it! :) I think I can, I think I can! I would be rolling in Thursday night, heading out Saturday afternoon so I can be back home by Sunday AM. Looking at it this way, daughter will be with her mom on Sunday, so I can sleep.

The ONLY other thing for me to consider, and I haven't said anything about this yet on the board, but I'm having surgery on 9/9 for a hernia. Started out as an umbelical hernia, but I've put it off and now have about a 4-5 inch tear accross my stomach. The walking and all I was doing to drop weight has ceased as it hurts to just walk to the car, but I'm still keeping off what I lost (not sure how, but I am). At any rate, what was supposed to be done with a scope is now going to be a 3-4 inch incision, nice piece of gortex (hey, I'll have a water proof belly button area) and some internal stiches. I was scheduled for 8/19, but the doc put me off as he was leaving two weeks later and said he is going to need to see me a couple of times post op. He chewed me out, etc. and I know I shouldn't have waited, but most of you know, the last couple years of my life has been pretty hectic, trying to keep a marriage together and then trying to get it to end when she walked away...in the midst of all this, a 6 year old daughter, whom I've not spent a day away from, being ripped out of my home for 32 days!!! Anyway, she's with me now, I have full custody and am trying to be the best dad I can, including camping trips!!! :) We did Lake Erie for a week and she loved it and wants to go again. At this point, we are tent campers, but hope to move up in a year or so.

So, if I can, and Travis (per my challenge:) can, (we've been trying to meet for a while), I'll do my best to be there for at least one full day of the get together.

Scott

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I'll be talking to my cohort tomorrow and see what he has to say - if I take anytime off I have to find my own coverage and the week of the this thing called the Michigan Camping event or whatever we are calling it we are setting two new machines but according to our schedule we should be finishing up by then but I don't know if my cohort is going to be putting in extra days for the install - if he is then I won't be able to be there for the weekend but I could come up on Thursday and leave on Friday at the very least... I wouldn't be there for when everyone else was there but I could at least visit with some...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online