Michigan fall get together.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Sounds good, If you guys will be there Thursday I will also.

Hey Darrin, while I love to camp, I'm wondering about the surgery and all and are there any hotels close? I might make a reservation now, and then cancel the hotel. I talked to a girl who works at the school and she said there shouldn't be a problem with my daughter missing a day.

So all this just leaves me with that one concern, how I'll feel. They said I'll be able to return to work 10 to 14 days, so I would think that I would be fine, but who knows. Loading every thing up, setting up a tent and all, just concerns me. I don't suppose they have cabins or anything do they?

I need to go look at the site and get reservations in for Thursday and Friday nights. I'll see if I can find an addy and a hotel nearby as well, just in case.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok, I looked at the site and they do have cabins and rentals, so I shot them an email. I'm at work and don't make personal calls from here. I'll see what they have to say then look for hotels if that doesn't work out.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
There is a Motel in Wayland, it is about 10 miles away, Here is the info:

Cowbell Motel
712 S Main St
Wayland, MI 49348
(269) 792-2832

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Hows the Challenge coming,..? ;Sweet

I called them, they have a "trailer" that I can rent. I fear handling and setting up a tent after just having surgery. My only other reservation is driving for near 6 hours as well. It'll just be me and my 6 year old daughter, and thus far, I haven't been able to get her to drive!!! :)

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I've been out of school for 3 weeks straight, and this isnt 1st grade (super leniant) either. This is like if you miss to much they hold you back....type of school. Like others have said, just as long as its not excessive you should be good. One of my gal-friends (she combined with me as well) missed a whopping 1/3 of the school year, just skipping and stuff. They threatened to not let her graduate with her class, but she got it appealed. You should be good for a couple days here and there.

Or make up an excuse like she had surgery or something LOL

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Talked to my doc today, he seems to think I won't be up for the drive and probably shouldn't attempt it.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Talked to my doc today, he seems to think I won't be up for the drive and probably shouldn't attempt it.

Sorry you wont be able to make it, but you gotta take care of yourself. If you don't have that, then you cant do anything.

Thanks for trying, and hope you heal quickly.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry you wont be able to make it, but you gotta take care of yourself. If you don't have that, then you cant do anything.

Thanks for trying, and hope you heal quickly.

Well, let me put it this way, if I'm up to it, I'll be there! Doc didn't say I couldn't go, in fact, he said as long as I don't lift anything, I'd probably be ready to be out of the house, but he also said he didn't think a 6 hour drive would be on my agenda!!! :) His comment was "what if you get there and don't feel up to driving home?" I told him Darrin has a whole lot full of campers, I'd just move in there! :)

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well guys I'm not going to be able to make it. With setting the new line and I have been handed a major project, which is nice because they are trusting me with it. I'm going to be rewriting the entire program on a major piece of equipment from top to bottom. So I'm gonna be putting in some extra days from here on out. I hoping that I can just do a lot of the extra from here at the house because it's programming that I will be doing off line but I know that there will be some times where I will need to be there to test things. I will have access to a machine that will be down for a while to test so I'm not going to be able to get out of town for anytime soon. I'm guessing probably the next 4-6 weeks because once I get it basically running I'm gonna need to do some live testing to add in the extra features we like so well. - we call that "Weaverizing it"

I'm stoked in one aspect but bummed in another. This could really cement my position in popcorn land when I'm done with it. The thing is I sort of asked for the project because I opened my big mouth complaining about how it runs and how it's currently programmed (the way the program is written)....

So I guess it's good news...

But take lots of pictures so I can feel like I was there.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Well guys I'm not going to be able to make it. With setting the new line and I have been handed a major project, which is nice because they are trusting me with it. I'm going to be rewriting the entire program on a major piece of equipment from top to bottom. So I'm gonna be putting in some extra days from here on out. I hoping that I can just do a lot of the extra from here at the house because it's programming that I will be doing off line but I know that there will be some times where I will need to be there to test things. I will have access to a machine that will be down for a while to test so I'm not going to be able to get out of town for anytime soon. I'm guessing probably the next 4-6 weeks because once I get it basically running I'm gonna need to do some live testing to add in the extra features we like so well. - we call that "Weaverizing it"

I'm stoked in one aspect but bummed in another. This could really cement my position in popcorn land when I'm done with it. The thing is I sort of asked for the project because I opened my big mouth complaining about how it runs and how it's currently programmed (the way the program is written)....

So I guess it's good news...

But take lots of pictures so I can feel like I was there.

I was hoping you could come and bring us some :popcorn ,.Oh well

Hope it goes smooth as silk for you there Mr Redenbocker, and well take lots of pics.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Mr Redenbocker

Them's fighting words :backoff

That's our competition...

Say it with me....

Pop Weaver.... or Boyscout Pop corn Trails End.... or Pop Secret (building I work in) but with any of the those three you will be boosting my bonus checks...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online

No members online now.