MEASUREMENTS NEEDED PLEASE!!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I got a trailer all lined to to use to haul my new crew cab home next weekend. BUT I am not sure I can use it. It might be a little short!

How long is a Crew Cab LB from bumper to bumper, and from the wheel base (center of wheel to center of wheel)

Thanks to all that can answer this!! I should have mesured it last weekend but I TOTALLY forgot!!!

Todd C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not an exact number but I know my 86 is roughly 21 feet bumper to bumper. Wheelbase is 168 inches (14 feet!) that's right off the door tag.
Hope that helps.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i used an 18ft trailer to haul home my 78 f150 ect cab long bed and it JUST barely fit...was not a fun ride home. anything over 45mph it would sway like crazy

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Ok, here is the trucker in me coming out....

You can not safely tow a trailer that has all the weight on the beavertail and no tounge weight.

I KNOW the wheelbase will fit on the deck, but if I DRIVE it on nose first it will overhang too much for local laws. But I will have good tounge weight.

If I BACK it on, I will get the truck on ok, with no overhang. HOWEVER I will have hardly ANY tounge weight.

What if I loaded 500 or so pounds in the bed of the truck ON THE TRAILER and towed her that way. She is a 351, auto 2wd....so it won't be like having an IDI, D60 and a T case up there (although the E4OD is plenty heavy as is)

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now your thinkin! But I doubt 500 pounds in the bed would be enough to put more weight on the tongue of the trailer than the ass end.
When I drug mine home out of the cow pasture it was laid to rest in, I had to rent a trailer with a 18' deck on it, and it just BARELY fit on there. I had to tie the loading ramps up under the bed of the truck. But I didn't worry about the overhang issues you are speaking of.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually use a 20 foot trailer with a 3 ft dovetail. Balances out pretty well and hasn't ever giving me any problems.

I've never had any problems with trailer sway from loading the weight on the back of the trailer nor on the front. But of much rather have weight on the tongue than to not have it there.

Also i pulled home a 2wd diesel crewcab and it realty didn't squat my truck that much. I also had a pretty bad bulldog stance when i pulled it so she was already sitting low.

You shouldn't have any problems pullling yours as long as you take it easy.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
You can BARLY fit a crew cab long bed on a 18' trailer(Forward) but it fits and will tow decent, just have to watch tight turns. I would NOT put in on backwards no matter what weight you put in the back

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a trailer with a 20ft deck and it isn't long enough. About a foot hangs over the back of the trailer with the front of the truck all the way forward. Make sure you tow it with at least a f350. Moved my 94 CC recently and it put the hurt on a 2010 Dodge one ton with a cummins. Owner had never seen his truck squat before we hauled my truck.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hauled mine behind the 'ol family farm truck; 77 F250 Hi-boy with a warmed over 460/c6 and 4.11's. Didn't faze it one bit. GVW is ?. My uncle had a 10k pound forklift in the bed of her once...........that squatted the springs.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's a dually you can't back it on a 18 ft trailer, not enough width between the fenders. Hauled a F350 W/400 CID 65 miles, too heavy, wore the trailer tires thru the fenders. Oh poop.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be hauled as a dual as long as it is loaded normally and you keep the rear tires before the fenders. Hauled several duallies with my car hauler. As to the F250 hi-boy towing it is still a Ford. Our trucks haul more as a 3/4 ton than anything can handle as a 1-ton or bigger. Proved that on many occaisions hauling insanely heavy loads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online