MEASUREMENTS NEEDED PLEASE!!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I wish!! I have been BALLS TO THE WALL at work. IT's getting outta hand. I got things set up for the weekend of May 7th.....and I am following through on my plans come hell or high water!!!

I need to wait for my income tax to get here....then it's a whole HOST of new parts from the local international dealer!!!!!

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Sounds like my 6.9, starter issues, broken bolt on the vacuum pump and a head gasket in the span of 5 minutes on the day I bought my 2nd Cummins.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Sounds like my 6.9, starter issues, broken bolt on the vacuum pump and a head gasket in the span of 5 minutes on the day I bought my 2nd Cummins.

Best part is on the way home AFTER the no start, buying a test light that I had to take back because it didn't work when I was checking the GP's in the bedford canadian tire's parking lot and giving it a smash of ether to restart...... the back driver side brake decided to stick, pluming out smoke on my way home on the 102 highway. I pulled off the highway at the Aerotech exit.,..went to the top of the ramp to the stop sign...pissed I revved it up, dumped the clutch and spun the tires a little and shut it off...got out and backed the adjuster off and went to restart.....no go.

I fixed that with a few taps to the isolator/solenoid I got running my accessory fuse panel that controls the GP's, FSS and a couple other goodies...and then away she went.

-cuss Murphy's effin law!!!

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, here is the trucker in me coming out....

You can not safely tow a trailer that has all the weight on the beavertail and no tounge weight.

I KNOW the wheelbase will fit on the deck, but if I DRIVE it on nose first it will overhang too much for local laws. But I will have good tounge weight.

If I BACK it on, I will get the truck on ok, with no overhang. HOWEVER I will have hardly ANY tounge weight.

What if I loaded 500 or so pounds in the bed of the truck ON THE TRAILER and towed her that way. She is a 351, auto 2wd....so it won't be like having an IDI, D60 and a T case up there (although the E4OD is plenty heavy as is)

I've got a couple flat 20 foot car trailer( no beaver tails ) . And I've hauled many vehicles on them backwards. I've never once had any issue with too little tongue weight.:dunno Even empty a truck on the trailer backwards still has plenty of tongue weight.

7.3 powerstrok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a heavy truck to trailer wheel base is 14 ft should use a triaxle 20 ft trailer can do it with a tandem 20 ft min just be sure the axles on the trailer favor the rear half of the truck if not you cant go over 40 mph without major swaying that( crew cab truck is heavy in the rearend) thats my opinion

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I wish!! I have been BALLS TO THE WALL at work. IT's getting outta hand. I got things set up for the weekend of May 7th.....and I am following through on my plans come hell or high water!!!

I need to wait for my income tax to get here....then it's a whole HOST of new parts from the local international dealer!!!!!

Hmmm, its May 10th;Poke

Sorry, couldn't help myselfLOL I do hope work slows down enough to show Matilda some love soon.;Sweet

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Hmmm, its May 10th;Poke

Sorry, couldn't help myselfLOL I do hope work slows down enough to show Matilda some love soon.;Sweet

LOL...still ain't home...had to work ALL weekend...even mother's day....but I got ALL the work done to the dump trucks that needed to be done in that ONE weekend.....I was some sore yesterday and monday!!

I got the new sneakers put on the F250 and I am backing it in the garage tomorrow to replace the trailer light plug...then it's all systems go for Saturday!!!

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably got your trailer figured out, but my 89 crewcab long box will fit on an 18' trailer with a 2' tail. If I put the front tires against the crash rail in the front the back tires would be just on the flat past the tail. I figured the bed of my trailer is right at 16' on the flat. I was overhanging both ends though. It pulled fine, but you wouldn't have wanted to turn too sharp. I also wouldn't load backwards. Only time I did that was the scariest trip I've ever done.

Good Luck!!