MEASUREMENTS NEEDED PLEASE!!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I got to pull the engine and transmission here when I get her home, so I might go down, unbolt the WHOLE 9 yeard and yank it there.....lighten the front up a PILE!

Then I will get a 1" thick 4'x6" steel plate and sling that in there with the tractor down there....I KNOW that will balance out. I am going to take another 4"x4" 1 inch thick steel plate and throw it in the back of my truck.....maynbe even strap it down under the towed vehicle on the trailer.

I am not worried about the weight being towed at all....I know my truck will haul it with no problems. Don't forget, I haul 60 000 pounds day in and day out at work.

Brad, what doyou think of he steel plates in the bed of the truck n the trailer, and leave the engine and transmission there?

Iam running out of options FAST and I don't want to call a wrecker or a hot shot rig at the last second....$$$$!!!! lol

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
How big is your trailer you are going to use?

TAking the engine out would be a HUGE help, but that is alot of work away from your shop. And Why do you want to put on backwards anyway

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
EDIT: nevermind on why you want to put in on backwards.

Just take some red shop rags and tie them to the rear bumper. And turn the hazards on the truck that will be on the trailer

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I got some flags from work and some rubber bungee cords just in case. It would be my luck that some retard would crash in to me LOL

I suppose it can't be any worse than this.....

You must be registered for see images attach

This was back in my towing days. I KNOW it wasn't legal, and I took a 20 mile detour to avoid the scales to get this load up home.

In my defence...there was NO WAY that the trucks were going to move. I can PROMISE you that....4 separate chains and binders per truck, as well as two extra 5000 pounds straps on the rear most truck...it wasn't coming off!!

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
thats what im saying , or hang a set of towlights on the truck you are towing even though it's on the trailer

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with that? As long s it is chained down right, there is nothing to worry about
the only "technical" violation I see is that the rear axle and tail end of the pickup is hanging more than three feet past the tailboard. you can do that if you have a permit for the load. Also, for tow trucks it is legal to do so only if it is a "first move" ie removal from a accident scene or a impound. otherwise, we need a permit too.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
the only "technical" violation I see is that the rear axle and tail end of the pickup is hanging more than three feet past the tailboard. you can do that if you have a permit for the load. Also, for tow trucks it is legal to do so only if it is a "first move" ie removal from a accident scene or a impound. otherwise, we need a permit too.

I had a valid overdimentional permit, BUT where it is a motor vehicle and not an object I have on there....it didn't apply.

That truck is IT for legal length of a single unit vehicle in Nova Scotia. Te truck hanging off the back (and the deck shoved back 4" for both trucks to fit) was over length....and illegal!!! LOL

I KNEW nothing was going to fall off, Ihad hauled just about everything you can think of and I wasn't about to let a pickup truck ruin my perfect record.

I am going to be hauling this truck on a weekend, I might just drive it on, chain it down REAL good and go with the red flags.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will come back later with a youtube of my favorite tow ever.. Not mine, just a youtube.. Hardly DOT approved.. but the ol IDI got the 79 Bronco out of Moab jes' fine!

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a pic of the 94 CC we moved today on my carhauler. Rear end stuck out about 8 inches past the end of the trailer.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I have hauled extended cabs and one crew cab on the trailer in question...It was the D60 axle donor CC that Goofy's now sports....It was a F350 CC 4x4 with a IDI...It was a short haul from my place to the junkyard but it went ok...I don't know how a trip down the 101 would be like at 100KM/HR.....I know I had a 351W powered F150 4x4 super cab on there going down the 103 at 100K....It just fit from what I remember and towed ok. I would think a gasser 2wd CC might be ok as long as it's Sunday afternoon....The weighers will probably be home sleeping of a weeks worth of donuts...:D...And there are no scalehouses on that highway. I have some magnetic flashing LED lights you can borrow to stick on the tailgate....I use them all the time for **** hanging off that trailer....I had a funny conversation with a compliance officer at work the other day about my "legal" gross weight loaded - no trailer....Bottom line for a 92 F350 in NS is 12,500lbs regardless of what the door tag says....That gives me a 4500lb payload max....I told him the old girl is just starting to ride nice at 14,000lbs.....LOL

Last edited: