Lund Visors on 99+ PSDs

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always liked sun visors on trucks, and I think its time for the PSD to get one.

I've got two real options

1. Go with the Lund Lighted Moonvisor and call it good. Such as:
You must be registered for see images

or
2. Go with the NON-Lighted Sunvisor (same unit, just minus the lights) and install my own LED's.

The price difference is pretty substantial between the lighted and non-lighted visors. If I did my OWN LED lights, it would be the single LED's evenly spaced across the face of the visor. Similiar to how I did my runningboards.

So what do you all think. Go with Lunds lighted version? or save some money and go with a homebrew version?

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im interested in the running boards... Tell us more... how much it cost, and what ya did...

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:
Im interested in the running boards... Tell us more... how much it cost, and what ya did...

100 Amber LEDs. Something like 5,000mcd, 5mm, 2volts. Bought off Ebay from a user named "Ubiditnow" for about 10 bucks air shipped direct from hong kong.

100 5mm LED holders. Bulk purchase from Digikey. 5 or 6 bucks? But they have a minimum order so I ordered some solder and some other crap I needed anywayz.

2v amber LEDs can be wired in strings of 7 to meet the 14v charge voltage of our trucks. So drill your holes in multiples of 7 (7, 14, 21) and not multiples of 6 like I did (because I was an idiot and calculated for 12v's without thinking about the charging system).

Drill your holes with a 1/4" drill bit and insert the holders. A little glue of some sort to hold them in place helps.

Then push your LED's in from the backside and wire them to the parking light wire that runs along the driver framerail. (brown wire usually).

You should end up with something like this:

and

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online