Looking for suggestions 90 7.3l 4x4 crew 5spd

Good motor /chassis in 1990

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if the truck got "into a fight" at one point and needed some cosmetic surgery, and someone swapped out an entire diesel bricknose and fixed all the damage in one fell swoop...... That may also explain the "tweaked" OBS bumper..... since it appears to be a bit flatter that it sould be, and twisted slightly upward........

Maybe the IDI in the bricknose cavitated and the body was straight and clean, making the swap quick, clean and easy...... I bet there is a bricknose IDI out there somewhere missing a doghouse.......

bjorkmae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the vin# in the dash. Do our trucks have a vin number anywhere on the frame? If so compare and see what you get.

Concrete John

Reaction score
Well, i suspected the truck was "masaged" at some point , but i'll take some more pics ,i'm there's few of you guys more curious as myself . But it runs really nice, i must say, the first thing i noticed was the dash when i first looked at it , and the body isn't that bad , just looks rough.But i needed a heavier truck, and got it .Buddy said he just bought it to move across 3 province's, and the 95 i traded for it was in really nice shape , i kinda wanted to keep it as i like the 95 nose much more. here's the vin 2FTJW36M2LCA72765. eagerly awaiting the next batch of suggestions/comments ....good or not so goooood ..:dunno

bjorkmae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check the vin on the frame and run it through carfax I wonder if it has been totaled or stolen. If it was stolen find out if it was ever recovered if not, well....

Concrete John

Reaction score
I would check the vin on the frame and run it through carfax I wonder if it has been totaled or stolen. If it was stolen find out if it was ever recovered if not, well....

Nahh it's a legit truck, i have no worries there.i just want to hear the plus's and minus's of what i have , i'm going to clean it up and use it. it will be pulling a 16,000 lbs 5th wheel a scatter time , plus i do Concrete work, so it will get used ! but thanks

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I ran the vin like I was putting it on my Dealers Website, It came up as a 1990 F350 Crew Cab Diesel 4x4, so it appears to have been converted to a PSD, Or a 1990 body was used and set on a PSD Cassie.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Yeah. it looks like a stroke swap. Just the engine, dash and bumper apear to be 95. The wing windows are 91 and older

Concrete John

Reaction score
;SweetI found the IH sticker on the right front valve cover ,cleaned it up motor is 1995 , so i'm sure the dash was swapped out as well. Not the prettest looking but everything works and it runs really nice. A few upgrades and some TLC ...ok lotza TLC ,