Looking for suggestions 90 7.3l 4x4 crew 5spd

Good motor /chassis in 1990

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Concrete John

Reaction score
New to the forum , great site folks !!!;Sweet Traded a 95 F150 4x4 4.9l for this beast , which i really need, never really seen the use in a 1/2 ton , but anyways, Just looking for suggestions/tips on this truck and it's driveline , motor supposedly rebuilt about 30k ago , uns really nice. I'm going to completely flush and fill every component in this truck before i put it on the road. With this truck any items anybody would suggest upgrading would be greatly appriciated. It's turbo charged 7.3 w/5spd trans...manual hubs.. thanks in advance. here's a few shots ... just drove home yesterday !! about 75 miles /130 k .I know she's not that pretty, but she's going to be !

Attachments

• F350 005.jpg
    F350 005.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 24
  • F350 006.jpg
    F350 006.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 27
  • F350 007.jpg
    F350 007.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 51
  • F350 008.jpg
    F350 008.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 19

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
New to the forum , great site folks !!!;Sweet Traded a 95 F150 4x4 4.9l for this beast , which i really need, never really seen the use in a 1/2 ton , but anyways, Just looking for suggestions/tips on this truck and it's driveline , motor supposedly rebuilt about 30k ago , uns really nice. I'm going to completely flush and fill every component in this truck before i put it on the road. With this truck any items anybody would suggest upgrading would be greatly appriciated. It's turbo charged 7.3 w/5spd trans...manual hubs.. thanks in advance. here's a few shots ... just drove home yesterday !! about 75 miles /130 k .I know she's not that pretty, but she's going to be !

I think you've found a good use for an F150 (to trade it for something bigger) LOL

Welcome to the site! You'll find alot of great info on here from some very smart guys. I think with your 7.3 your going to want to read up on "the block worm" A.K.A. cavitation. Others with experience will chime in on that.

Your doing a good thing by flushing out and getting fresh fluid in everything, I just finished that task myself.

Concrete John

Reaction score
Thank you Sparkand Fire for that suggestion, ..not enough time in a day to navigate through this site , but i'm going to try !!!! Also if anybody wants any certain pics just let me know , new to these 7.3 idi , heard mostly good things ,would like to wake it up a bit and gain MPG.

bump it

Reaction score
I'm a newb too!

Thank you Sparkand Fire for that suggestion, ..not enough time in a day to navigate through this site , but i'm going to try !!!! Also if anybody wants any certain pics just let me know , new to these 7.3 idi , heard mostly good things ,would like to wake it up a bit and gain MPG.

We are in the same boat. I just got my first 2 IDI's One its turbo the other not. Guess which one I will be using? :)

Definatly read through the Frequently Asked Questions. I am working my way through them and find them very informative.

Does anybody know of a 4" muffler that is not very loud. I want to upgrade my exhaust but I don't want a loud truck. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

DragRag

Reaction score
Nice truck, looks like you have a 92' and up dash in a 90 truck. Someone has done some work to that truck in the past. I say you came way up on that trade!

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holly $%^& batman its a psd!!!!!!!! i looked and said huh he got the air filter relocated kool and totally missed the fuel filter yelling psd

go up a forum for info but my 2 cents put a idi back in there with a larger turbo and down pipe and then an od unit and a bunch of other cool stuff

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I think, the way it looks is that someone transplanted a bricknose onto an OBS Chassis, if you look at the front bumper, that is a "somewhat straightened" OPS PSD bumper. SO I don't think put the right engine back in it, its more of put the right doghouse back on the truck!!!!

wpfd571

Reaction score
Dude ***! you trade a 300 I6 for a power stroke with a brick nose. Why cant i find someone that stupid to deal with!!!!

Truck looks like it has a lot of potential......... good luck!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online

No members online now.