Nice IDI For Sale!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
It aint Cheap,...but WOW! Nice Truck!

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/3743192192.html

1992 Ford F350 Crewcab 4x4 with 7.3L Diesel - $11995 (Fennville, MI)
image 1 image 2 image 3 image 4 image 5 image 6 image 7 image 8
For sale is my 1992 Crew Cab Ford F350 4 x 4 diesel with a banks turbo kit, a two owner no accident with a clean title from North Carolina that has never been smoked in or used as a work truck, only used for highway driving, never off-road. . ..etc. It has 176,000 miles and is the xlt version with an automatic transmission, power locks, front power windows and upgraded front buckets (rear bench), tinted windows, nice trailer hitch.

The previous owner used this to haul a camper to Florida and back twice a year and really pampered this thing. It has the legendary 7.3 liter diesel with a 4:10 rear-end that is bullet proof and the former owner put the Banks turbo kit on this (no power strokes in 1992).
I used the truck as a daily driver for about two years in North Carolina then moved to Michigan and tucked it in the barn and bought a car for my work commute. I hauled a horse trailer a few times a year and would drive to North Carolina on long trips 3 or 4 times a year, so most of the miles were used for easy highway driving. Over the years I have maintained the truck and fixed anything that was broken, I doubt you will see another older body style F350 this nice.

In 2008 I decided to redo the truck as a project and spent the entire summer and over $10,000 on it. I stripped off all trim and took the bed off so I could get to the frame. I put four new heavy duty bilstein shocks on and proceeded to undercoat the entire truck, frame, bed, etc. I prepped the truck and filled in all emblem holes and camper mirror holes. I had the metal around the windshield sandblasted and the bottom of one rear door and cab corner sandblasted as well. None of this was really bad rust, just bubbled the old paint a bit and barely was starting to show.

The truck was painted with a tri-coat: base coat of white, second coat of pearl and top coat of metallic and clear coat. You have never seen a bright white color like this on this era truck, especially with the very small silver flakes put in the clear coat over the pearl.
I replaced all of the plastic, new headlight lenses with upgraded bright blue bulbs, clear plastic running/turn lenses with yellow LED bulbs, Clear/blue running lights with yellow LED bulbs and clear taillights with white LED backup lights. New chrome trim around windshield and late 90's style mirrors were put on. I then finished up the bed and door jams with white durabeck bed liner coating. I always had carpet in the bed and a nice topper on the truck (recently replaced rear window).
A year before I bought my conversion van for trips I placed an overhead DVD player in for my daughter to watch movies on the trips. There is also a CB radio from the previous owner. I upgraded the radio to a nice Sony model with CD and MP3 capability so I could plug my iphone into it.

I hate to see it go, but simply do not need two trucks on the farm anymore. It has been a great truck for my family and will makes someone a cool custom truck for a fraction of the price of doing it yourself. This truck isn't perfect as it is 21 years old, but I doubt you'll find a better truck for this price.

Here's a brief list of the major items
• Mickey Thompson Aluminum Rims
• Front end redone (tie rods/ball joints)
• LT 285-75/R16 Yokohama Geolander HTS (great on the highway) 60,000 mile tires with lifetime free rotation and balancing. They have over 65% tread remaining.
• New Calipers and Pads
• Fixed boost and transmission dipstick leak
• Complete transmission rebuild in 2008
• Tri-coat pearl white paint job
• New injector pump and glow plugs
• 12 inch overhead DVD player with headsets and upgraded CD/MP3 player
• New warn lockout hubs and brake controller along with new hitch wiring

These are the major items; I have had countless oil changes, fuel filter changes, swapped out transmission fluid, antifreeze, etc. over the years and performed many minor repairs. I just had the oil changed this week with Rotella and topped off all fluids, so this truck is literally turnkey.

I'm asking $11,995obo. NO TRADES, PREFER CASH.

Hurry, the crew cab 4 x 4's with the old 7.3 don't last long, especially in this rare condition. Please no low ball offers, I have too much time and money invested into this to give it away. This is truly a rare gem sitting in a barn.

The truck is located on my Farm in Fennville, MI. Please email to set up appointment to view/drive.

Brad

Attachments

• Craigslist F350.jpg
    Craigslist F350.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 250

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always liked bright white better than my colonial off-white. The hint of metallic flake would drive me over the edge. However, probably not 11k worth....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it only had a ZF5...........

That could have been the 3rd IDI in my stable.LOL

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That sure looks like a clean smooth rig. Seems he owner did lots of work just to sell it. When I saw the pics I thought Darrin had found another perfect new old rig. The price seems high but your getting plenty of the price too. I thought the 92 model year had only the serpentine belt drive.. Maybe not or was it a mid year change.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is actually a very nice truck. For everything that has been done to it, the price seems fair in my opinion. It is still alot cheaper than a new rig

LSOSGT1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sure looks like a clean smooth rig. Seems he owner did lots of work just to sell it. When I saw the pics I thought Darrin had found another perfect new old rig. The price seems high but your getting plenty of the price too. I thought the 92 model year had only the serpentine belt drive.. Maybe not or was it a mid year change.

Mid year change

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, wait. What the heck, my 92 is worth that much, only 92K on it. Now if only I can get the hood open, damn cable came unhooked.

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a little tab you should be able to pull on the latch mechanism itself (what the cable used to pull on). I haven't had a cable hooked up in several years. Makes a good theft and prank deterrent.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score

May is the change over month for the serp system. I say that truck is worth every penny, you simply can not buy a $2500 rig and turn it into a truck that nice for less money.

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to see this truck on saturday on the way to see mom. I can't justify 12k for it so I passed.

gsfloor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah looks like nice truck but does have some rust starting and even if was mint probably not worth more than 8