looking for new headlights.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
getting my order in today!;Sweet

Let us know how they work out for you. I came across that info in another thread and am leaning in that direction. I am curious to see/hear how much of an improvement over stock they are.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let us know how they work out for you. I came across that info in another thread and am leaning in that direction. I am curious to see/hear how much of an improvement over stock they are.
Someone's doing the same thing with OBS lights...based on the pictures in that thread, the difference is truly night-and-day. http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1318512-hid-projector-retrofit-hids-the-right-way.html

This conversion would make keeping the brick-nose front end worthwhile if it wasn't for the fact that I want the space for an intercooler and the a/c condenser to live together in peace...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough there is a fella on 6x6world with a Muscateer who lives in Australia. He wants parts from me and he does custom work on cars there so I asked him to search me out some conversion parts to do my own sealed beam swap.

I will keep ya posted.

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just want a smoked inside housing, you can always separate the lenses off in an oven, paint, and then reseal the lenses on the housing. Doesn't solve wanting HID's, but just an idea.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tony, aka the guy that makes these said if i wanted them smoked, to put some window tint on it...
we will see how i go...
gonna be 2-3 weeks before i get them.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, ive decided against these.
the guy that builds these uses tape i.e. dukt tape or other, to hide the lense gluing process.
i cant see spending 600 bucks on something thats taped.
i hope this guy's idea becomes very successful, and finds a way around the tape.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online