looking for new headlights.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though they're called "Aussie", weren't those lights common on the trucks that used that same front end and were sold in may South American countries?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is just the light:

You must be registered for see images attach

Here they are installed with the LED lights:

Not sure if they were used in South America, I've always heard they were just in Australia, but I know Ford did many different things in the F-Series in other countries. I know the 99+ Super Duty's got a Cummins instead of a PSD, for example.....

Sorro71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you can get new chrome surrounds on eBay from westcoastf100 at about $130AUD for the pair. You can access there eBay store from there website westcoastf100.com.au They are also an auto parts recycler so they may have complete used headlights for sale. If you can get parts. The bucket is the same as what you have but you will need the headlight frame and the keeper frame that holds the light in to the headlight frame as well as the surrounds. I can pull one of mine apart and get some pics if you need.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I know you can get new chrome surrounds on eBay from westcoastf100 at about $130AUD for the pair. You can access there eBay store from there website westcoastf100.com.au They are also an auto parts recycler so they may have complete used headlights for sale. If you can get parts. The bucket is the same as what you have but you will need the headlight frame and the keeper frame that holds the light in to the headlight frame as well as the surrounds. I can pull one of mine apart and get some pics if you need.

No need to take yours apart, Here are the pics from the post where I did mine.

Keep in mind that I had the headlight holders trimmed out to fit the Truck Light LED Headlights:

Ok I got the trimmed out headlight holders back form my buddy's shop tonight.

Here is the trimmed out headlight holder:

What I found is that you use the same Aissie headlight uses the same bucket as the standare Bricknose, The only parts that are different are these 3 parts:

The Bucket is the same:

Another shot of the trimmed out headlight holder:

Headlight holder/adjuster installed on the bucket:

Headlight installed:

Rear shot:

More to come on the next thread,..

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Bezel Installed, Sorry this one got blurry:

Clear Turn Signals installed"

Set in place:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Here are couple upstated pics with the new Custom Built Light Bar and Painted all the Silver Black:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Darrin!!!

I can attest, the pictures do not do justice to the changes he made. I saw this truck a couple weeks ago, and these two changes make a huge difference in how the truck looks. The LED lights make an amazing amount of light. The black bumpers, running boards and headache rack really set it off. I saw it in silver with the brick lights, and this is a huge change and looks great!!!!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks Scott! I appreciate it Bud, I am very happy with the turnout as well..

I was finally able to really use the LED Headlights late at night a couple nights ago coming back from Rons house. I have to say that the Truck LED;s are Absolutely Amazing! The Light is white and carry's out so far, then you hit the brights and it double it. This was money well spent!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/87-92-FO...56?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3cfc02a6c4
as of today $1 aud = $.74 usd

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I found is that you use the same Aissie headlight uses the same bucket as the standare Bricknose, The only parts that are different are these 3 parts:

FWIW, the chrome bezel in the middle looks a lot like the chrome bezel that the slant-nose trucks use. It'd be worth comparing the two parts...if we could get it down to two pieces (four to make a set) that would need to be sourced, that could be a very beautiful thing! ;Sweet

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that bezel in the middle is an industry-standard bezel for that size (6x7?) sealed-beam headlight from the '70s-'80s. Probably available as a Dorman "HELP!" item.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDIoit, if your looking for simple and easy just buy a new pair from the same company that you have and run the 60 dollar bulbs? Thats what I did and its plenty of light. High beams on or off its plenty. My mistake was I bought my headlights off rock auto and didn't bother to look at the fact that they came from 2 different makers so now one is yellowing and the other still looks new.
Now with that being said its got nothing on HID's by any means but its all factory bolt in situation. One other thing is I put smoked headlights on my 2003 Tacoma and it was the worst purchase I ever made to that little truck. The smoked lenses from my one and only experience killed the light output regardless of what bulbs I put in that thing. Unfortunately I ran that truck into a tree head on before I could swap back to new OEM headlights. F#*%ing tree won that battle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online