Look what I found on the truck!

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
This is SO true but no one who don't have a clue would believe it.

My girlfriend's partents bought a 2010 F150 that had the "government's pick for top fuel rating" for 2010. That truck, when driven like an old man would drive it, gets about 16 MPG. I KNOW by reading posts on here that some of your 20 year old FACTORY trucks got that kinda milage in the 1980's.

All this particulate filtering, cat converters, exhaust regeneration, and EGR BS is making for cleaner emissions at the end of the tailpipe....but a LOT more cleaner emissions than our trucks would emit. Our trucks might be "polluters", but we don't burn NEAR the amount of fuel that the new trucks would go through for the most part.

Maybe if we made some stickers to say that "This vehicle gets XX MPG, does YOURS?" they'll leave us alone.

paulb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't really make out the words on the note did it say "Buy a Moose Pump and Misters"?

That could help block UV rays on those sunny days.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
Justin, you should visit the houston or austin area. I actually got pulled over for excessive show of acceleration in pearland because my pipes made it sound like I was trying to "accelerate violently(sp)". It probably had nothing to do with the fact that I was towing a 32 dual tandem axle dovetail with about 250 bales of hay on it.

I have also gotten pulled over for excessive exhaust emissions when trying to merge on the highway in houston(for those that dont know that is a nightmare). The cop proceeded to tell me that he could impound my vehicle and order an inspection of the truck at my cost to find out what exactly was wrong with the vehicle to make it smoke that much. A quick talk to a judge and the head of the local highway patrol changed his mind completely and he apologized before he walked away.

As far as vandalism to my truck goes only one person has vandalized my truck and needless to say they kissed and made up with the bumper, literally and not willingly.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I blame it on the schools. Hell, when I was in kindergarten I got suspended for not hugging a tree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online