Lift Pump, CDR Valve, And 2 Injectors

'94-Turbo-444

Reaction score
ANYONE got those parts? I need those to get my truck back going, and i have a budget of $60... Please help!
oh, and did I mention my birthday is this Sunday? :D

They would be going on my 1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo Extended cab, 2wd ZF-5 W/4.10's

Thanks in advance,
Eli

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh........ sorry. I've got some injectors I pulled because they were junk, and I ditched my CDR on the crew cab trashed it. Lift pumps have been trashed for Facet Duralift's on both my IDI's.

Wish I had some good used stuff, but I don't.

Have you tried the For Sale/Wanted section? Maybe some stuff there.

Heath

'94-Turbo-444

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply,
Yeah I sure have, and after 3 days of PMing people and commenting in threads, no one has responded to me. :dunno

Most importantly, the diaphragm is torn in my lift pump filling my crankcase with diesel... (PO let the truck sit 5 years, Doesn't people understand you DO NOT let a vehicle sit?cookoo)

Then, I know I have atleast 1 injector, if not 2 just ******* fuel so bad that its the running joke that my truck is the 'Skeeter Killer :D

And my CDR is so far gone that I have this feeling its well on its way to helping me dispose of a quart per 500 miles. so yeahh haha

I see your running 2 inches body lift, how easy was that to put on? Forgive me, but does it change anything like your shifter height to the tranny?

Eli

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your local auto parts shop will have a lift pump for around 20-30 dollars. I would not put another used lift pump on yor engine. Some things are better off just replacing new. I don't have any spare injectors but I would recommend replacing soon before further engine damage results.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see your running 2 inches body lift, how easy was that to put on? Forgive me, but does it change anything like your shifter height to the tranny?

Eli

Eli, yes it will move the shifter 2 inches lower in the body. May need to bend it a bit to make the throw clear the stuff in the interior. It wasn't hard to put on, but, I didn't have rusty body mount bolts either.

Heath

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
ANYONE got those parts? I need those to get my truck back going, and i have a budget of $60... Please help!
oh, and did I mention my birthday is this Sunday? :D

They would be going on my 1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo Extended cab, 2wd ZF-5 W/4.10's

Thanks in advance,
Eli

Sent you a PM

'94-Turbo-444

Reaction score
Your local auto parts shop will have a lift pump for around 20-30 dollars. I would not put another used lift pump on yor engine. Some things are better off just replacing new. I don't have any spare injectors but I would recommend replacing soon before further engine damage results.

Yeah I understand, just trying to do this on a budget lol :)

'94-Turbo-444

Reaction score
Eli, yes it will move the shifter 2 inches lower in the body. May need to bend it a bit to make the throw clear the stuff in the interior. It wasn't hard to put on, but, I didn't have rusty body mount bolts either.

Heath

Oh okay, if everything checks out good, I'm probably going to lift the truck about 5 inches and run '35s if they'll fit. But thats a project later down the road

'94-Turbo-444

Reaction score
Thank you all for the support, and a EXTRA special thanks to lindstromjd for sending me a lift pump and a CDR.:sly
They should be here on Friday, and if so I might have the truck running that afternoon when I get home! :D

I've also read about dropping the fuel filter, filling half ATF/DIESELKLEEN, cranking and running for minute or too, then letting it sit overnight to clean the injectors... Anyone had any luck with it?

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the support, and a EXTRA special thanks to lindstromjd for sending me a lift pump and a CDR.:sly
They should be here on Friday, and if so I might have the truck running that afternoon when I get home! :D

I've also read about dropping the fuel filter, filling half ATF/DIESELKLEEN, cranking and running for minute or too, then letting it sit overnight to clean the injectors... Anyone had any luck with it?

Yes, filling a clean fuel filter with diesel kleen or seafoam does wonders on dirty injectors. I would recommend seafoam. You would need 1.5 bottles of seafoam to fill filter up.
Procedure= Fill new filter with atf, diesel kleen, or seafoam...screw new full filter on then start up for 1-2 minutes, preferably when engine is hot. Then let truck sit overnight. In the morning, start it up and drive the hell out of it lol. This will help burn off the carbon that the additive helped break down. Good luck!

'94-Turbo-444

Reaction score
Hahaha okay, will do! Would it be okay to put a bottle of seafoam in it and top it off with some ATF? Better yet, I even thought about a mix between ATF, LUCAS fuel additive (always done wonders on dads diesels for mileage, and easier starts!), and seafoam in the filter. Or would that just serve to help as a pride booster?

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do seafoam and top off with atf. In my opinion, that lucas fuel treatment is nothing more than a high detergent oil lol. Some, however, say it does work well.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Your blowby issue could be stuck rings from sitting as well and you have a few ways to approach that. Pull the glowplugs out and squirt some PB Blaster down into the GP hole and let things soak for awhile and that may free them or do this in conjunction with pulling a HEAVY load at high speed to get the engine/cylinders good an hot. The ATF in the filter trick does wonders and I wouldnt doubt it a bit that the injectors could quite possibly be stuck after the truck sat for so long.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your blowby issue could be stuck rings from sitting as well and you have a few ways to approach that. Pull the glowplugs out and squirt some PB Blaster down into the GP hole and let things soak for awhile and that may free them or do this in conjunction with pulling a HEAVY load at high speed to get the engine/cylinders good an hot. The ATF in the filter trick does wonders and I wouldnt doubt it a bit that the injectors could quite possibly be stuck after the truck sat for so long.

This is an idea to help stuck rings, but may or may not work in my opinion. I have tried several high concentrations of marvel mystery oil in engine crankcase in hopes that it would decrease my blowby.....and although my engine seemed to run smoother, blowby was still heavy and oil consumption didn't change. I am simply just giving my experience with the matter, not shooting anyone down :shoot: lol. Like stated before by other members, old diesels tend to have an issue with sticking piston rings, which in turn increases blowby and oil consumption in most cases. The only thing I would recommend would be Auto-rx. This is the only product where I am seeing major improvements in blowby and oil consumption (currently doing a treatment in my idi).

'94-Turbo-444

Reaction score
Thanks hydro,
And I am the 4th owner of this truck. The 3rd owner traded some septic tank work out work $60 and got the truck as payment. He put 2 hot batteries in it after sitting all those years and off he went. He said its smoked pretty badly like it does now but usually cleared up after a few miles driving (or cleared some) but me personally, I know these trucks can be a WHOLE lot more efficient than what this thing is, so I'm trying to keep its fuel wasting to a min.

Hopefully the rings aren't sticking, but I think I'm going to probably try that additive in the oil to see if it makes any difference after I clean the injectors.