Let the ZF5 swap commence!

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
So just to confirm, connecting those two wires solved the problem and you were able to start with the key?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is correct. Its tough to tell the white/pink wire. There is a white/red wire in the same plug that may look pink after the colors fade and get covered in grime over the years. The pink stripe was very faded and light.

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So were they the top left and top right wires in the connector in the picture?
I'm assuming so, but sometimes it easier just to know the location and not rely on the colors :)
Thanks!

Last edited:

ISPKI

Reaction score
So were they the top left and top right wires in the connector in the picture?
I'm assuming so, but sometimes it easier just to know the location and not rely on the colors :)
Thanks!

Yep! The ones that I pulled out of the cluster of wires.

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what you do with the driveline. I ordered the luk clutch conversion set on rock auto for 289 and got the master slave kit too.
Watching and learning thanks for going first haha.

ISPKI

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what you do with the driveline. I ordered the luk clutch conversion set on rock auto for 289 and got the master slave kit too.
Watching and learning thanks for going first haha.

I actually ordered the SMF flywheel, clutch and hydraulics separate. It came with the bearings, position sensor, pre sealed hardware, spline grease, heat shield, etc. Very comprehensive set for about 200$ less than my local parts store.

Im trying to just find a used driveshaft locally. My local axle shop is asking 145$ to lengthen or shorten a shaft.

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes o ordered two different parts total for both about 350?
$145 isn't bad for adjusting the drive shafts but I may look through the wreckers for exactly what I need if it's cheaper. I've already dumped 6 grand into my truck so what's another few hundred??

ISPKI

Reaction score
Yes the clutch switch, safety switch, whatever its called.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Interesting.

Not necessarily needed.
I have mine jumpered, and it's not even on the master cylinder, tucked up into the dash. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ISPKI

Reaction score
Huh. Never seen it included. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yeah and the description included everything, spline grease, bolts, heat shield for the slave cylinder, etc, but it didnt say anything about the clutch safety switch but it came in the kit, fit perfectly, and didnt require any additional wiring, the plug was up behind the middle of the dash with a cap on it. Figured if its all there, might as well get it.

The clutch kit was 157$, flywheel was 93, hydraulic sealed kit was 102$. I believe it came out cheaper to buy them this way rather than the "conversion" kit. Honestly I do not know what the conversion kit is supposed to be, its just the matching flywheel and clutch in one order.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah and the description included everything, spline grease, bolts, heat shield for the slave cylinder, etc, but it didnt say anything about the clutch safety switch but it came in the kit, fit perfectly, and didnt require any additional wiring, the plug was up behind the middle of the dash with a cap on it. Figured if its all there, might as well get it.

The clutch kit was 157$, flywheel was 93, hydraulic sealed kit was 102$. I believe it came out cheaper to buy them this way rather than the "conversion" kit. Honestly I do not know what the conversion kit is supposed to be, its just the matching flywheel and clutch in one order.

I hope you bought the clutch kit for the "conversion flywheel". The regular stock clutch kit will not work. That is what the "conversion" is all about.