Leaking return lines

thunder

Reaction score
I have a 93 F350 with the nonturboed 7.3, with 285,000 on the clock. Had a leak in one return line and took it in to be fixed and now all the lines are leaking on that side. This mechanic is usually very good so what gives? He said that one side had larger o rings on it than the other side. I have had this problem in the past and maybe the last time they had to put in larger o rings? Anyone had similar problems with is engine?

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
Take a look here and scroll down a bit (Return line refit). All the o rings are the same, you likely need to replace it all (normal procedure and about $20 to $40 depending on supplier).
Good Luck
James

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The o-rings don't seem stay resilient for very long. So if you bump one of the caps too hard or replace one of the fuel lines, it usually will result in a leak. And once you replace the o-rings on one cap, you have to replace all the orings on that side.

When you replace the o-rings, coat them with a little diesel fuel after they are installed and the caps will slide on a bit easier.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thunder-
do yourself a favor and go down to the TRUCK stealership and get the parts counter monkey to sell you the coplete Diapco return line kit. The part number is in the "parts bin" in the articles. If you get a blank stare for the counter monkey, leave immeadiately and order the kit from MWFI.
Just to squelch the ensuing noise about "parts counter monkeys", I too worked the parts counter for years. Unlike the new crop working the counter, I spent years working the shelves learning about parts and interchanges. these kids they have these days only know how to ask for year and S/N. without a S/N these days, these kids are LOST. :puke:

Reaction score
That Diapco kit is the bomb. I've used and seen a few others, but this is by far the nicest.

Paul

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is really not a bad job either, not hard or time consuming really. I did mine under the watchful eye of Argve (Travis) at the last IDI meet. It makes a big difference though especially if you got a couple leakers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.