leak problems

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
ok so over my number 8 injector there is a leak cuasing fuel to bubble out and air to get in.now i have no hard starts so it only leakes when there is pressure. so i noticed my injector had a burr on the inside and i fuigured it was not getting a good seat to seal itself on. so i replaced injector and still leaking. so then i got another injector line and still now nothing. the leak is overe the number 8 injector. on that injector.
toatly i have put 3 sets of o rings on it and 2 return line caps used 2 different injectors and 2 different injector lines. and still that damn leak. so now im just pisssed off and clueless lol. any ideas

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know excactly what to tell you.
Questions:
Is the leak on top of the line nut?

If so, raise the nut up the line, tape it there, look to see if the line end seats squarely in the injector, if it don't, bend it to fit. Torque nut to 25 ft lbs. Make sure you screw the nut down by hand 3 threads.

Is the leak under the line nut?

Cap is leaking then, did you grease the o'rings and inside of cap, never twist the cap on, only push straight down.

Is the cap well pushed down so you heard the snap?

Did you put the lines nuts on hand tight before installing the clamps?

You might have to drive the truck here, then I can time it for you.:D

Call me if need be.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listened to your video, the exhaust sounds almost like an air compressor. That little puff of smoke now and then acts like it is in the timing (late timing). Might try and advance the timing just a hair. Mark where you have it set now, so you can go back to it if need be. Center punch it on the mounting line between IP and tower.

Advance is toward pass side top of IP. Did you by chance change the fuel filter, if you got a bad load of fuel?

Last edited:

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so over my number 8 injector there is a leak cuasing fuel to bubble out and air to get in.now i have no hard starts so it only leakes when there is pressure. so i noticed my injector had a burr on the inside and i fuigured it was not getting a good seat to seal itself on. so i replaced injector and still leaking. so then i got another injector line and still now nothing. the leak is overe the number 8 injector. on that injector.
toatly i have put 3 sets of o rings on it and 2 return line caps used 2 different injectors and 2 different injector lines. and still that damn leak. so now im just pisssed off and clueless lol. any ideas
same issue i found on mine several days ago but after a few days and starting it and while running it and pouring water around the injector no bubbles, no compression seems to be escaping either, its always a gremlin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online