Lamp Oil as Diesel Addictive?

Cucamongan

Huh?
Reaction score
I just got about a gallon of Lemon and Bayberry scented/colored Lamp oil and wanted to know if anyone has run this through their diesel? Mixed, of course

I did some searching and the kinda-not-so-official answer floating around the internet for what lamp oil is further refined Kerosene with colors and scents... Diesels can run off Kerosene ;Sweet

I may just have to try it and get some lemon scented exhaust! :rotflmao

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kerosine sure, not sure what the perfume would do but it probably wont make it worse. Usually the scented stuff is more expensive IIRC, and the kerosine with bug killer might not be good to use either :puke::peelout

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can run it with no problems. In fact there are those who run a little in all their diesel/WVO strictly for the scent. It can do a little to covers the harsh diesel or burnt WVO and can be a real curiosity for people on the street lol

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
almost like the scents they can add to alochol. strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, lemon, lots of different for race cars. smells prety good do for them.

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lamp oil is an olifin. olifin's are one of the waxes that are found in crude oil. the heavier olifin's that you see are things like candel wax and the lighter are ones are like your lamp oil. there are even finer grades but the average guy want run into them. it should run fine mix with your fuel and mihgt help lub everything a little.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Heck 50/50 WMO is a pretty effective against mosquitos too. its also effective in repelling pretty girls too. Ive been told "eww it smells like a tractor" a few times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online