Lady Moose hurt!

jdchristian3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ford air dams are very important. sometimes. each truck is different. my body and i removed the ones on our trucks, but all we did was off-road them or highway. if we had a heavy load, it was just on the back roads... their purpose is simple... keep the ground level, hot (heated by the black asphualt) air from coming up under the engine and causing an overheat condition. the lower the dam, the better your cooling system functions on the highway, especially under heavy loads... repair it, or have a marine shop look at it. some bodyshops have a good fiberglass guy... check a shop the speciallizes in ricers... they use alot of fibercrap...

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Mel .......Do you have Three drivers this year? Seams like you should have a new driver in moose valley now.

guess I should have read a few more post....... thats what happens when you dont come around here for a while.....LOL ;Really

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trucking Co I worked for had 150 U model macks (the ones that looked lopsided cause the cabs set of to the drivers side).

I never heard of a "U" model Mack, but I have driven plenty of DM-cab Macks = same as an R-model, except the cab is offset way over to the left.

Every DM-model I have seen also was a two-pole.

I much preferred the actual R-model as it didn't look so silly; otherwise, they were the same truck.

How does a U-model differ from a DM-model ??

I believe the actual reason for the offset cab was for booms and such to occupy the area on the right side.:dunno

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Hey Mel .......Do you have Three drivers this year? Seams like you should have a new driver in moose valley now.

Mel is reaching the point where a Sterling and a 52' trailer to haul everything to IDI weekends will be cheaper than driving all his rigs!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel is reaching the point where a Sterling and a 52' trailer to haul everything to IDI weekends will be cheaper than driving all his rigs!

LOL That's going to be true this year! Too bad I don't have one of those car haulers for Lady. I'd just let her pull the other three and rent a cabin. :)

Yea BJ. Matthias will be eligible to take his drivers exam next month. He's been on his permit since the end of summer. This project started with a weekend trip to Rhode Island to buy the truck (thanks Ebay!). The seller was very happy to hear what was in store for his truck. He didn't really want to sell it, but didn't have time or money to deal with the bad I-6. Due to Matthias working many evenings to pay for his truck loan, the project has taken much longer than hoped. We are now at the point where we are more or less starting at zero, rather then negative 50. LOL. Looks like a new radiator may be in the offing. The donor has sprung a leak. No surprise, since I already assesed its condition as marginal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tony

Members online